What's new

Archipelago Botanicals Bergamot Tobacco Bath Soap

I was in the local beauty supply store recently, as they were the only place that carries Baxter of California's products. While I was there, I decided to take a look around at their bath soaps. What I found was a massive 8.8 oz brick of triple milled bath soap by Archipelago Botanicals. The testers smelled nice; albeit very faint. Despite the almost nonexistent scent, and the hefty price tag, I figured I'd give it a shot. I purchased the Bergamot Tobacco, and the Wasabi Mint.

When I got home and opened up the box of the Bergamot Tobacco, I was quite surprised by how intense and pleasant the smell was. Apparently, the testers must have come with the shelves when they were installed, because their smell was nowhere near as refreshing or potent as what I had purchased (to be expected I suppose).

This soap lathers up quite nicely, and has an extremely refreshing, clean smell. When thinking of tobacco, don't think of Edna the bowling alley lady with a lit cigarette hanging from her bottom lip. Think sweet, masculine, and rich. The bergamot and tobacco pair quite nicely together. The result is a clean, refreshing, almost hearty scent. The soap leaves your skin with a very faint, and very pleasant smell for hours after you've bathed. It's not obtrusive, and barely detectable, but it's there, and it's quite pleasing.

It might seem fairly pricey, but you have to remember several things. First, it's a triple milled soap, so it's higher quality than your lever 2000. Secondly, it's 8.8 ounces. That's a whole lot of soap. I did the calculations, and for me, it actually turned out to be about the same price per ounce as Caswell-Massey's triple milled soaps.

Bottom line? It's a great soap with a great smell, and is perfect for the cooler seasons.

displayimage.php

-Nick
Top Bottom