What's new

Aramis Havana Reserva

I bought that perfume in....1993.
I really love it but now it's impossible to find it in Europe, too bad :confused:
I got a sample so I've given a zero for atomizer and packaging.

Starts out very floral and classically cologne like, but that only lasts about half an hour before it changes into a totally different character.

To me this later character speaks of experience, a scent that's been around the world but not first class - more likely working for passage. Mature but not sophisticated it's got a seedy edge to it maybe from the rum and ash notes. Really quite subtle this scent hides in the background and isn't forceful at all, I can imagine a lot of people don't even realize I've got a cologne on when I'm wearing this. The description list a huge variety of notes but the ones I can pick up include: Rum, Ash (wood ash not cigarette ash), Tobacco, Patchouli, Cedarwood and in the early stages Jasmine and Citrus.

Longevity is fair but because it's subtle, it's easy to overlook as it starts to fade later on.

I understand this is a more concentrated version of Aramis Havana but neither ordinary Havana nor the Reserva are still in production so it will be harder and harder to find as time goes on, price at the moment is not unreasonable ($40 - $50 per 100ml). There is also a version of Havana "pour Elle" so be careful what you're buying.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)