What's new

Aqua Velva - Musk Aftershave Cologne

This is my go to aftershave. I have been using this for years. It is cheap and has a great manly scent. Leaves a little bit of a sting, just enough to wake you up. I would recommend to anyone.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: none
Cons: scent
after the first use i dumpted it down the drain. absolutely the worst smellling aftershave i have ever used.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, toning, price
Cons: no menthol... I love menthol
I love Aqua Velva! I've used other AV scents but this was the first time trying the Musk. The cooling sensation is good even without Menthol. The scent and staying power is amazing.

It has a great feeling and it seems to do a good job healing my face after a shave. Definitely a great AS!

Buy it... at this price you really can't go wrong.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Aqua Velva Musk is an excellent product. It's inexpensive, effective, and it smells WONDERFUL.

Buy some. Don't think about it. Just do it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
:thumbup1:I picked some of this up at Wal-Mart today. Dang it smells good!
This is a unique scent (for the price) which lasts a long time. It hardly burns at all, and it's soothing to the face (contains glycerin). Nice change from the typical high alcohol-menthol burn AS, and worth having in my rotation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I just tried that after shave for the first time today and i got a very good surprise on how good a product so cheap could be.
Im a fan since quite a long time of the Ice Blue but that one is a winner also.
What's great is that it can be use as an after shave and as a cologne, and the scent last quite a long time.
It will stay in my regular rotation of after shaves, specially in winter days.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I added a couple shots of a musk cologne I have, just to change it up a bit. Didn't really need to do it; the stuff right out of the bottle has a better scent than Coty Musk for Men, which I also dabbed on myself while in the store. Waited 10 minutes to decide which smelled better on me, and was surprised that it was the AV. Lasted longer for cheaper, too.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
I like the scent of AV Musk. It smells entirely different than the blue AV. It's more of a mature scent (without being old man), and suited for the evening.

It's dirt cheap as well, and does the job.

However, heed this: this must be used in moderation. I think of it more as a cologne than an aftershave. If I used as much as I use (say) Proraso, I'd be "cologne guy" as this has some staying power.

So don't overdo it! A little goes a long way.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
This is my go to aftershave splash.:thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I totally agree that musk is an epic fail. After trying this (and Jovan Musk) I will steer clear of any bottle with the word musk on it. Nauseating and over-bearing are too kind when describing AV Musk. I'll stick to the Ice Blue from now on.
AV Musk . . . no chance. The smell is passable but not outright pleasant, and in the wrong dosage can be truly overbearing and effeminate. Some might say headache-inducing.

Now, I'm of the opinion that "musk" as a fragrance concept is, in general, an epic fail, mainly because no one can really tell me what it's actually supposed to smell like, and every company's spin on it usually involves an unoriginal concoction of leathery/spicey/barber-shopey nonsense. I'm an admirer of Musk for Men by Coty, mainly because there's nothing particularly musky about it, but rather smells akin to original Clubman aftershave, that powdery barbershop scent. But AV Musk is nothing like either of those. It has a sweet, cloying, artificial fragrance that dies hard and leaves plenty of collateral damage in its wake.

As far as its aftershave properties . . . this is labeled an aftershave cologne, and should be considered more the latter than the former IMHO. Sure, this has the requisite alcohol/antiseptic qualities of your average aftershave, but with so many better products out there, why go with this? The excessive coloring and chemical ingredients will do more than seal your pores - they'll gunk 'em up.

I can appreciate AV Ice Blue and Sport, but not this.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
Really nice stuff. At first I didn't care for the smell, but after using it a few times, it has grown on me quite a bit. As the winter is arriving, I will be using a balm, but I will continue to use this as a cologne.

I had my wife smell me after the first time I used it. She said "mmmm... what is that you're wearing?" I said "Aqua Velva Musk". She didn't believe me at first. I told her it cost me a whopping $4.99. She said "something that smells that good only costs $5???"

Yep... good ol' Aqua Velva... :smile:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I like this one, but it's not in my daily rotation, and I may even have to get rid of it...

Great as a skin toner, glycerin makes it quite moisturizing, and even the alcohol sting starts to feel good after a while.

The only problem is the scent. SWMBO can't stand it - reminds her of her grandfather's house. YMMV
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I love this stuff. And after 10 years + of we don't carry that any more it is back on my Grocery store shelves.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Price: $3.59 plus tax at my local Kroger (best local price I've found)
Quality: Scent plus feel are good, so the stuff must be of at least reasonable quality.
Fights Razor Burn: I don't get much RB anymore (some irritation, but not really RB), but it seems to do okay.
Cooling Sensation: Mostly from evaporating alcohol.
Scent: One of the nicer musk frags out there, even for products which cost several times more.
Efficacy: Does an overall nice job.
Moisturizing : Not it's strong point, but it's not very drying, either.
No Alcohol Burn: Not as strong as some (read: Pinaud Bay Rum), but not too bad.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I normally don't like musk smell, but this stuff is great!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
love it
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Smells fantastic and unlike Aqua Velva Ice Blue (which I DO adore) it lasts and lasts.

This is yet another product that proves to me that you don't need to spend much money to have great shave products, toiletries, and fragrances. I love it!:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)