What's new

Aqua di Parma - Collezione Barbiere - Splash

Matches the AdP shaving cream excellently. Expensive but you get what you pay for, especially scent-wise. Recommended.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
You never really know about a product until you slap it on. For 70 clams a guy expects a lot from an aftershave, and not just smell good.

AdP Lotion is a splash. It does have a few extra this and that to it to make it more than cologne, but honestly not much. There is hardly any nourishment going on here. Less than Pink, less than SMN, and definately less than Speick. If your shave did not go well, and you cut too close using traditional gear you will scream like a 6 year old girl. It burns, but fades in minutes. It is a heavy alcohol based AS, what else did I expect?

On the bright side, it does smell amazing. I get compliments even.

So, I like it, but wear it as cologne splashed on the checks.
This is my first review here, and mind you, now that I write these lines I am new here - so I will be quite reserved in what I write as I have not done a 'test' or 'review' of grooming products before.

I would not say I have used a very wide range of aftershave lotions before, and most of it was fragrance brands aftershaves (mostly used is the Hugo Boss No. 1 because of the fragrance) and also products from other manufacturers that are kind of cheaper in price and more widely available (but I have stopped using those long time ago).

This Acqua di Parma aftershave has the following main characteristics, in my subjective opinion:

- does quite well in calming & nourishing, as an earlier review said (and considerably better than the Hugo Boss No. 1 I have been using for years);
- offers very low alcohol burn;
- fragrance is absolutely fantastic (if it matches your skin of course), though discreet;
- I have been told -but stand to be corrected- when I was at a Neiman Marcus store few years back and was debating buying their Iris female perfume, that the Acqua di Parma line is made differently than other well known perfumes (e.g. Chanel) and that it is much more natural. I was told that manufactures like Chanel use a lot of chemicals in their perfumes, but again, that was a saleswoman who told me so, therefore I treat this with a reservation. Admittedly, though, the Acqua di Parma scents stand out and you don't need to be a genius to realize that.
- I have not felt the moisturizing effect it leaves you with to be so strong, but yet again (a) it is stronger than Hugo Boss No. 1, (b) it is an aftershave and not a balm, and (b) I am a daily user of creme de La Mer, and believe me, after you've used this, all other moisturizing creams will look like substitutes to you.

Overall conclusion: Highly recommended.

Note: Please do not get worried by the 'low' marks I put. To me a '7' equals to a GPA of 3.8+, therefore we always have to leave room for something extraordinary that may come to the market in the years to come...:001_smile
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
My wife is buying me the AdP shave cream and balm for Christmas! :thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
So I got a killer deal on a bottle of Acqua di Parma collezione barbiere aftershave splash, (paid $35 for it instead of $70) so while it was practically a steal at my cost, I know that the price is the huge detractor for most people.

Anyway, today was my first chance to use this, and WOW, its single use has already made it my favorite a/s splash, and my second overall a/s to the gentlemen's refinery balm.

What amazed me the most was how calming and nourishing it is for being al alcohol splash, it reminds me of speick in how well it "heals" my irritated skin, but its thicker (somewhere between the viscosity of speick and the saint charles shave mediterranean citrus splash) so it isn't anywhere near as drying as a typical splash, but its not too thick that it becomes sticky, its literally just perfect.

I was also impressed with how little alcohol burn there was, to my skin, it seemed to have even less bite than the speick, and significantly less than the likes of alt-innsbruck.

The fragrance is stunning, which is to be expected from AdP, but what surprised me was how much it settles into a citrus scent on my skin, when it smells almost exactly like the AdP cream while in the bottle, which has never given me an citrus notes.

The packaging is the same elegant style as the shaving cream, and absolutely top notch.

All in all, this stuff is amazing, and I'm glad I bought it, though now it means I have yet another ultra-expensive shaving product to buy once this first bottle is gone, as I see this becoming my staple aftershave.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Very elegant aftershave that compliments the Adp shave cream like a jewl.

The alcohol conent is lower than a typical aftershave and therefore doesn't sting much at all and doesn't leave your face feeling dry and tight either

If you like the Barbiere Collection scent, which is based somewhat on the Adp Colonia scent which dates back to 1916, then you'll love this too.
Contains myrtle water extract (antioxidant), rice protein, and mint water in addition to the already impressive list of base ingrediants.
For an alcoholic based lotion aftershave, its the moist moisturizing I've used thus far. Therefore I assign the highest rating possible in regards to its moisturizing properties.

As always, their presentation & scent is second to none. Its slightly more expensive than say a T&H slash of equal volume, but it's well worth it.

View attachment 37812
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn