What's new

Aqua di Gio by Gorgia Armani

RoyalKooparillo;882025 said:
This scent is, IMHO, the single most overused fragrance by men aged 14-28. As such, it has become vile to my nostrils. If you wish to smell like a fraternity brother, this is your ticket. About as unsophisticated as they come.

I couldn't agree more - I'll go as far as to say if you really dig this, you haven't done your homework about what truly great fragrance can and should be.

For me, this scent (and really - the entire Armani line) is the scent of people who dare nothing, go with the flow, and want to blend in to whatever tepid surroundings they have chosen in life.

If the color beige has a scent, that scent is Acqua di Gio.
Let's put things in perspective here. I can't relate to all the above comments saying this scent is used too much. I am retired, I just got back from playing bridge at my country club . . . and I have never, ever detected this scent on anyone I know . . . not even my college age nephews and children. I live in a major metropolitan area where we have access to a broad variety of fragrance options. If I were to wear this to a social function this weekend, I can guarantee the people experiencing the scent on me would say "ooh what a nice scent, what is that?" They would not dismiss it as over-used and easily recognizable. There are different social worlds out there guys.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Very reliable scent. Difficult to offend others, and women love it, because chances are they dated a guy who wore it.

Its light, crisp, and well done. If it wasn't as popular, it would be rated higher.

can't comment on price or packaging, i bought the demo bottle to cut the costs, so i don't know if thats an option available to most, since it says "not for resale"

If you've got a first date, a meeting, or just need something for the office, this versatile scent is always a good choice.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
ADG isn't too bad, and I've worn it confidently. If only I could smell it after an hour. And shake the synthetic lemony thing that happens with it.

In some ways I think of ADG as being a very "white" version of the already vanilla Cool Water by Davidoff. Something about the florals in the beginning remind me of the lavendar in Cool Water.

I don't hate ADG, but I think it's overrated and overpriced. Its longevity is abysmal. Its complexity leaves something to be desired, although it isn't the worst thing out there (I feel Polo Sport gets the worst complexity award) and it's an altogether solid aquatic. But there's better aquatics, bolder aquatics, less generic aquatics. Cool Water, Unbound by Halston, are two that rise from the 80s and naughts to surround this mid-90s offering by Giorgio. In the early 90s and even the late 90s, Cool Water wearers were everywhere, making that scent the designated Run-From for those seeking a unique identity. Then ADG came around, and lo and behold, everyone and their sister was wearing it. Which sort of fazed Cool Water out, to the point where now I don't think I've once, in my 6 years of college (I'm in grad school now) happened across anyone wearing Cool Water. And I know there's not many Unbound wearers out there. So, for what it's worth, ADG is really over-priced, and far from interesting after an unyielding market dominance for 14 years straight.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I really believe that my ex girlfriend only stayed with me because of this cologne. She wasn't great enough for me to keep using it as my only one. :lol:
It is great, I still have a little left though don't seem to use it as much anymore. Women love it, I can definitely say that much, for this alone they could charge much more for it.

- Aaron
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
^ The scent is overused, I agree, and so many people use it now that you won't smell unique if you choose it. But that doesn't mean it's bad or "unsophisticated." It's VERY well done and VERY well blended and VERY versatile. It also has an exquisite, clean drydown.

I've moved on to other things after using it for about a year, but I have no doubt that I'll come back to it at another time.

Honestly, if this were made by Creed or Lutens or another such house, it would be praised for its "sophistication," because it's one of the very best citrus/woody fragrances ever created, perfectly balanced and versatile. But because it's very popular and made by a fashion designer (and popular with young folk), it's become en vogue to hate it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
This scent is, IMHO, the single most overused fragrance by men aged 14-28. As such, it has become vile to my nostrils. If you wish to smell like a fraternity brother, this is your ticket. About as unsophisticated as they come.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
0.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
2.00 star(s)
This has been my fav. since it came out. However, I've been getting tired of it since it's growing popularity in the past years.
love it and so do my lady friends
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Use to wear this in college but still smells awesome. clean, crisp, and really brightens your day in the summer time. a little really goes a long way unlike some other citrusy types IMHO. Very easy to locate a inexpensive bottle on ebay also.
A great scent, definitely ground braking. If Leau dIssey and Acqua Di Gio had different names, the genre of aquatics would have had a different name (ozonic, airy, legeres, whatever). The point is that it is a classic.
The problem: it is used by too many people (and abused by too many college students:eek:). I find it a bit overpriced for what it is. Cheaper alternatives:
Givenchy Blue label
Unbound
Perri Ellis Red
Bvlgari Aqva
It is very 90s... in other words, modest sillage, longevity, nice office scent, not very complex.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
This stuff is definitely a hit with the ladies. My girlfriend always lights up when she smells it on me.

It isn't terribly pricey, and you get a lot of bang for your buck. It is a very clean scent, and it tends to last the whole day on me.

For what its worth, this stuff is pretty much a dead ringer for Truefitt & Hill 1805 cologne.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I bought this when I decided that smelling nice was a way to go about the world. Well I eventually met my wife and she loved the smell the first time she met me. 4 years later, I am not allowed to wear anything else.
The scent is just...so refreshing. A citrus based scent rather than woodsy, which is what I prefer.
The price is right up there with all other products.
A couple spritzes last all day. The wife and for that matter the co-workers insist I put it on every day.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This is one of my favorite water scents. It has great staying power and should be used lightly. This stuff seems to last for at least a day on me. The next day, I can smell it on my clothing, but it easily washes off. Since I've worn this at my wedding, I reserve it for special occasions. Every time I wear it, it reminds me of the wedding.

Hope you enjoy it too!

==Tom
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)