What's new

AOS Sandalwood

This scent is very subtle, and its one of the few that I find that does not aggrevate my allergies. The atomizer is good, probably improved from the original review, as the pictures there are very different from the current atomizer, which seems to work fine. As far as complexity, I think there is a mixture of citrus especially in the beginning with the sandalwood, and the scent evolves over time. It is not synthetic as an earlier review tried to imply, but instead uses EO. If you like really strong smelling flowery or musky colognes then this is not for you, but if you like subtle, but long lasting masculine scents, this is a great choice. I highly recommend it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Price: $70.00 for 100ml? May sound pricey but realize you get double what GFT offers...
Quality: This is your run-of-the-mill sandalwood scent, decent but nothing groundbreaking. GFT smells much more synthetic by the way.
Packaging: Simplistic, dark packaging appeals to the masses I suppose.
Scent: It's exactly what I would expect of a sandalwood scent, nothing more, nothin less. This is where the problem lies. A bit boring for everyday wear, but could be nice as a winter time pick me up!
Complexity: A very linear scent, serves it purpose I suppose.
Staying Power: Decent longevity on my dry skin.
Quality of Atomizer: N/A Tested a sample.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
An interesting take on Sandalwood. Not necessarily authentic but interesting none the less. A very pleasant cologne that is unique and dignified.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Before I start my review, allow me to preface it with a comment on my rating for the "complexity". Beeing a newbie, I have no real clue to as to how to rate the complexity of a cologne.

That being said, here I go!

Price

OK, the price, with 10 being the highest, is on the higher end, especially when compared with some of the traditional colognes. Compared to department store brands, and lets be honest, that is who AOS is marketing too, it is within the normal range. Given the other qualities of the cologne, I would rank the price as much better when compared to other brands I have worn (CK, etc).

Packaging

Well, is lame in a word. Simple, tells you what it is but definitely not a fancy presentation.

Scent

I like it. It would be very overpowering but on me, it settles nicely in a few minutes and is more subtle. My wife tried it and the scent was GONE in about a half an hour. So each person's body chemisty will eat the scent differently, which is nice about the body/cologne interaction. Every scent will be slightly different on everyone allowing us not to all smell the same.

Staying Power

Wow, all day! I wore it to work and when I got home (I work 12 hour shifts) I could still smell it! I like that. I finally found a scent that will last! The only other way I have had to attempt to make scents last on me was to rotate them. If I wear one type for too long, my body tends to eat it up and it goes away very fast.

Overall I really like the product. I like the fact that an entire line is devoted to the scent as well. I have the shaving cream and balm as well.

Darren
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Yes, they do claim to use real essential oils, it is my hope thay they actually do.

Addittionaly, I would say that this isn't for Sandalwood purists. AOS has added other scents (which I would describe as woody). So it isn't just Sandalwood, as you would think.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
I find it has a fair scent, I received it as a Hanukkah gift from my sister-in- law, but although I get compliments on it, I must say that I'm not too crazy about it. The atomizer is terrible quality, I agree. The scent seems to linger and linger even after my evening shower. This seems like it would be a decent winter fragrance, but for summer, I'd definitely go with something lighter.

Jeff
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
This sandalwood is synthetic. I know AOS claims that it's made with essential oils but it's synthetic. Neverthless, it's a nice scent. It's very concentrated so use sparingly or you will be offending people in the office or the bus. Do yourself a favor and try Floris or Trumpers instead.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
2.00 star(s)
P1010074.JPG

I found this cologne to be surprisingly nice. Others had mentioned a "fake" smell to it, and that it smelled as if it were synthetic.... I did not get that impression at all. I found it to have a very nice, warm mysore sandalwood scent, with quite a bit of lasting power. I could imagine how if one overapplied this cologne, it might be lethal - but used in moderation, it is quite nice.

The MAIN gripe of this cologne is its miserably cheap/shotty stomizer. For a roughly $70 cologne - I am stunned how cheap and ineffective of a top they outfit on the bottle. It does not sit perfectly straight, is akward to press down on, and BLASTS a shot of cologne at you - there is no possibility of modulating the amount of cologne coming out of the bottle.

Overall - great cologne, but if you get it - I recommend purchasing some atomizers from Charles and breaking the atomizer top off of the bottle, and decanting it into standard atomizer bottles. By doing this - one can modulate how much cologne they apply, so even with a powerful scent, you can spray just a bit, and get that perfect spritz of light cologne scent on your body!
P1010072.JPG
Top Bottom