What's new

Anthony Logistics Shave Cream

Pros: Good all around performer.
Cons: More cushion.
This is my go to cream for shaving my head. Since I don't use a brush for my head, this product works well for me. I have tried lathering it up before in a bowl, and it is decent. I have also tried it without lathering iin conjunction with their shave oil, and that is a bit better shave, though a bit sticky with a tendency to gunk up the razor and leave hairs that stick to the sink basin.

However, for a quick simple head shave this is a quality product that will give you a close shave. I do wish it had more cushion, but that can be said of any of the new age creams. My head is not sensitive at all, so I do one quick pass ATG every other day. Because of that I don't end up using too much, otherwise if I were using it without a brush for several passes a day, it just wouldn't be worth the cost.

This is a tepid review so far, so why do I recommend it and say it is my go to cream for shaving my head? Well, of all the products I have tried on my head this is the best one all around. You will get a good shave from a pleasant smelling cream that is easy to apply, with only irritation over the parts of your head where the hair is very coarse. Also, if you use the aftershave balm that comes with it, you will end up getting a real cooling feeling that calms any razor burn and leaves you feeling fresh. So, I would say that this product is the best of a fairly average group of new school creams that I have tried for shaving my head. I wouldn't want to shave my face with it everyday, but for shaving your head every other day, you could do a lot worse...and I have.

I wish they would go back to the white packaging. They use a dull gray now, and it doesn't look as good. Also, I have an old sample and I swear the new stuff in the gray packaging is a little thinner formula. Still, the best of the new school creams I have found.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I've been using this cream for about a year now and it is indeed an excellent cream. What differentiates this cream from others for me is its flexibility--while some creams require a very specific amount of water to achieve a usable lather, this cream works with zero to generous amounts of water in your shave brush. Perfect for beginner wet shavers, a market segment that was likely on the mind of the designers.
I was given this product as part of their ultimate shave kit. The kit includes a facial scrub, pre-shave oil, shave cream and post shave balm. I rarely have used this without the other products in the kit but the few times that I did it really didn't change my opinion of the shave cream.

Overall, it's a good quality cream. While it is intended for brushless use, I use a brush and found that it lathers up well and is fairly thick when it is lathered up. The scent is mild to almost neutral which is a bit of a disappointment but is intentional so no loss of points there. I have never had an irritation using this cream and it leaves my face moisturized and feeling very healthy.

I would not recommend this at $18 per tube. However, the ultimate shave kit is about $50 with all of the products that I listed above. If you want to go with this product I would recommend that this is the way to go because it is a far better value and as a whole the other products compliment it nicely.
not bad at all
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I used to use this product religiously before I started DE shaving. I used it for a good two years. Here is my review.

Price: I thought is was a little pricey for one tube; however, each tube lasted me for about a year (Granted, I was only shaving once or twice a week then). The deal on this is that a little goes a very long way.

Quality: When compared to other non-DE shaving creams, this is very high quality. I found the product to be consistent from one tube to the next. The combination of all of the ingredients and the resulting shave always left me with a good shave. I won't compare this to other DE shave creams since I have yet to DE shave with it.

Scent: The scent was barely noticeable. There are hints of menthol but not too strong (not that it would be a bad thing).

Latherability: This stuff went on very well without a brush. As stated earlier, a little goes a long way. A nickel sized dollap was enough to cover entire face and all stubble from sight. Beware, don't let your face be too wet when you apply as it will cause the lather to start sliding and it can get quite messy in that scenario.

Efficacy: Again, it does what it is supposed to do. It allows the razor to glide across the face almost frictionless. At the time, I had never gotten a better shave with this stuff. I still have to see how it holds up to a DE razor.

Moisturizing: Excellent. I would still use ASB, but that was my personal preference and more for closing pores than for smoothing my face. The face is smooth but not overly oily after the shave and before the rinse. After the rinse, no problems, still moisturized.

Packaging: Comes in a neat three color box. Nothing ritzy, but nothing generic either. Not quite worth the price, but better than nothing.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
One of the few "new age" shaving products that actually works and works well. Used with a brush, I get a nice creamy dense lather that provides both glide and cushion for the razor and blade. Excellent skin care with a modern minty fragrance. Comes in a rather large 6 oz. tube which is usually around $18. I found that a little goes a long way when used with a brush. One of the top modern products for wet shavers.
I've been using Anthony Logistics Shave Cream for the past week, and I'm finding that it's giving me a great head shave. I'm getting a squeaky-close shave (if you shave your head, you know what I mean by that). The face shave is also superior, although I don't know that I'd recommend it for those with sensitive skin. I haven't found that it has a very rich lather - it's closer to a gel in that regard (I've used Anthony's Shave Gel and would not recommend it).
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I picked up 3 2oz tubes on sale of this cream for travel purposes. I travel light and I don't usually take a brush with me so a brushless cream like this would be perfect.

However, this cream works great with a brush. I've been face lathering with it and using the Murkur HD/Feather combo. It lathers just as well as the Proraso red and The Body Shop cream that I have currently on my rotation. I do use just a tiny bit more of this than the others or else I won't have enough for a 4th pass.

It is very slick, probably even slicker than Proraso:eek:. and it cushions very well.

It says is fragrance free, but you do detect a slight mint scent to it, as it does contain peppermint as one of its ingredients. It also has eucalyptus oil, aloe, goldenseal & licorice extract, hops, and A, B5, C & E vitamins.

Edit: I used it without a brush as is its intended purpose. Its still slick and moisturizing, not as cushiony but it does give a good shave. A downside of using it brushless is that you'll be using a lot more; the same amount of cream used with a brush that is good for 3 passes, is only good for 1 pass used brushless. So while this cream is good as recommended by the manufacturer, it really shines when used with a brush.
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
My first review, and I haven't experienced a lot of different products, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

I got this cream as a present, noticed it wasn't meant for brushes, then put it away. A few months later I got it out and thought, what the heck. I squirted some in my bowl and lathered up.

It does lather. It's not a canned-whipped-cream type lather, but more of a whipped-egg-whites lather. The smell of the Eucalyptus oil really comes out when you whip it.

I'm enjoying this cream enough that it's become a regular.
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I was sent a sample of this shave cream with a recent order. The instructions tell you to apply to your face with you so I applied it with my hands. It contains eucalyptus oil, which gave it a real cool and soothing effect, much like proraso. The sample I had is fragrance free. It also contains hops to relax (do not drink).

Though it gave a good shave, i'm not ready to replace my proraso. I like the process of building up and applying lather that this product doesn't do too well.
Its a very good product that does what it says.

View attachment 17266
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability