What's new

Anthony Logistics For Men Glycolic Facial Cleanser

Pros: Nice smell, Not drying, Lasts.
Cons: No soaping, Too much will cause drying.
Like another reviewer, I was also talked into this by a salesman at Nordstroms, and I am glad I was. Ironic, because the one I go to no longer carries the Anthony Logistics products, just AOS, Jack Black and Lab Series. The two other higher end face washes that I can compare these to are Jack Black and Nancy Boy. I found this to be the most mild and least dehydrating of all the ones I used. The Jack Black was an okay product but had a little too much of a menthol smell for me, and the Nancy Boy, just left me feeling dry and smelled like a cheap multi-purpose cleaner you would have under your sink, I hated the smell and the dryness from that product, it was awful. I like the smell of this Anthony Logistics product, it is a nice smell, without being too strong. It is mostly gone by the time I am out of the shower and beginning the shave process anyways.

This face wash doesn't lather at all, which is no big deal to me. Some say it takes a while to get used to this, but I didn't find that to be the case. I will say however, that using too much on your face will dry you out. I have found that a nickel sized amount for the face and neck is enough. If I try to use more, say after the gym when I am sweating, I always feel face tightness in the forehead and the cheeks.

I like that it is glycolic, since this seems to help remove dead skin, though that is only a claim made by companies who push "glycolic cleansers" and I cannot say I notice it myself. I guess it would be hard to notice that yourself. I do use Cetaphil at night when I was my face, and it is even more mild. Having a face wash that is not too harsh is numero uno in my book. I use Cetaphil at night because it is cheaper and so mild, but to be honest as long as the Anthony Logistics face wash lasts, I am not sure I am saving that much money. The product, used once daily, will last me 6 months. It is well concentrated.

I also gave the product a 9 for packaging because it is the only product I use of theirs that doesn't come in the boring gray packaging these days. When I first started buying their products they all came in nice bright white packaging and then they switched to gray (and some of the products seemed to get thinner and less effective too, in my opinion), this is one of the few products that keeps the traditional packaging, and I like that.

Some have said it feels like it doesn't clean as well. I believe that is because of the fact that it doesn't lather. I find that it cleans just fine, it's not like we are women trying to remove makeup for goodness sake.

Also, a word to the wise, I have bought the mega size (32 oz) bottle of this cleanser, and I think buying the 8 oz is a better idea. You will save money with the bigger size, almost $30, but I found the larger size seems to change composition over time. Maybe it is because it will last you over a year, and the product isn't meant to sit that long, or maybe it is all the humidity of being in a shower. Either way, I found the 8 oz. to maintain its integrity over the life of the product better. It is also fits better in one of those hang over the shower soap/shampoo baskets.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Having suffered from adult on-set acne for most of my twenties, I was always on the look-out for face wash products that would effectively clear up my face without being too harsh.

In my search, I had tried many drugstore, as well as high end brands, but nothing seemed to work, or if they did, my face would end up irritated, dry and very red.

One day while shopping with my wife, we came across Anthony Logistics at Sephora in the midst of her latest makeup excursion. Anyway, I never had any intention of buying the stuff, but I had heard that the glycolic face wash from Anthony was gentle, yet effective in skin cleansing.

The face wash takes a little getting used-to, but once you start consistently remembering that it doesn't foam up (took me a while!!), it really does a great job. My face was left clean, clear and smooth. The oily patches of my skin were dried up and the drier sections of my cheeks were moisturized. Also, a nickel to quarter sized amount is enough to cover the entire face.

The real gem about this product is that it is primarily developed with natural ingredients. On the side of the bottle, there is a long list of chemicals that are not included in the formula...a great idea if, like me, your face is very sensitive.

One bottle lasts about 3-4 months if you use a small amount 2-3 times a day. Therefore, the $18 price tag isn't too bad in my opinion. Kudos must also be given to Anthony for donating a portion of the proceeds to prostate cancer research.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
I've used the Anthony Glycolic cleanser for a number of years, and I love what it does for my skin. It's an excellent product (I really like the entire Anthony line very much).

In terms of working it into my shave routine, what I do is wash with the cleanser pre-shower, and wash it off my face in the shower. Then I'm ready for my shaving prep and shave. I also use the cleanser at night, in conjunction with either the Alcohol-Free Toner or the Astringent, and then the All-Purpose Facial Moisturizer.

If you are looking for a high-quality, gentle skin cleanser, I really recommend this. I prefer it to both the Zihr line and the Clinque for Men lines.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
I think this is great stuff - I don't use it if I'm having a shave (Zirh's Clean does a better job) but for my skin this works well in rotation with the Zirh. Only problem is the cost in the UK!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
A knowledgeable salesperson at Nordstrom's (a rarity when it comes to shave goods) deserves credit for pointing me in the direction of this product.

I was originally looking into pre-shave oils (I have a really thick beard), and inquired about how the shave oils worked at softening up my beard.

The sales woman pointed me in the direction of this product, stating that the Glycolic acid would not only remove some of the dead skin, but also soften up my beard. I dont know if this is scientifically accurate, but the wash works great!

It leaves my face feeling very clean, soft, and ready for a shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I don't normally use dedicated face cleansers so consider my ratings accordingly, but I like the stuff and it left my face soft and smooth. One of the ingredients, glycolic acid (used for face peels at high concentrations), helps remove dead skin which no doubt accounts for the smooth feeling afterward. The cleanser has an agreeable citrus scent and contains aloe. Those with an alcohol sensitivity should be aware that the cleanser does contain a little alcohol but I personally don't find the cleanser to be drying.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
You can pick this stuff up in most bath&body work stores or on there website link attached: http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/pro...1&origkw=anthony&kw=anthony&parentPage=search

If your like me you have oil skin in summer and dry in winter, this stuff works great! And I really can't believe that a review was not done on this before. I happen to get 2 free sample packs of this well leaving the store and I have to say this is a great cleaner!

They say you can use it before shaving but most of use shave after the shower so I don't see a need to use it before shaving. I do however use it at night after a long day and it really gives you clean soft skin. No drying out of the skin and the small blackheads I would get on my face cleared right up!

This stuff is amazing it is $18 but a little go's a long way.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)