What's new

Anthony Ingrown Hair Treatment

First, let me start by saying that THIS STUFF WORKS!

Price: It is a bit on the expensive side, but you don't need much to get the job done, so one purchase should last a while.

Quality: As is the case with all Anthony products I've used, this stuff seems to be top shelf.

Scent: Medicinal, like acne medication, although I use it mainly at night so it isn't that big of a deal.

Efficacy: I'm absolutely amazed at how effective this stuff is. After just a few days of using it before bed, the bumps on my neck all but disappeared. After a couple of weeks, all the skin on my face was smoother and in better shape than it had been in years. I use it before going to bed, right after washing my face. I've tried it as an aftershave, but it just burns too badly.

Packaging: A very nice pump top, allows you to dispense just a dab of product.

All around, a very nice product. I will definitely buy more when mine runs out.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
I definitely swear by this stuff. I've tried many other razor bump products, such as tend skin, bump stopper, and many others that I can't remember and probably threw out in anger at another $20 wasted. I find that this is really the only stuff that works for me (in combination with a good DE shave only going WTG and ATG) and the use of a good exfoliating facewash daily.

Price Not bad (I get it for $25 at Sephora) but really not that much more than other similar treatments. And it really lasts a long time. I use it fairly liberally twice a day and a bottle lasts me about 3 months.

Quality Hey if it works its good quality to me.

Scent Basically unscented - I gave it an 8 because some of the other razor bump treatments have a pretty nasty chemical aroma to them so unscented is actually quite an improvement. Its a very very light citrusy scent not at all unpleasant. I really don't even notice it anymore. Doesn't linger at all.

Efficacy As stated above, the only thing that works for me. Contains phytic, glycolic, and salicylic acids, and it is the only such product I've seen that contain all three of these exfoliating compounds. I'm guessing this is the reason for its effectiveness. Also contains moisturizing ingredients which for me is enough and I do not need any other after shaves even in winter. Also stings WAY less than tend skin and those kind of products - pretty similar to any alcohol containing aftershave (even less sting than that)

Packaging Packaging is fine, simple pump dispenser. Has a removable lid so no problems throwing it in a shaving kit to take on the go.
Price: I wish it was cheaper, sure (I wish EVERYTHING was cheaper), but I believe it's a fair price for the product.
Quality: Superb. Very fine product.
Scent: Smells just fine, and the scent disappears into the background quickly. Very good with lime / citrus-based shave scents.
Efficacy: Yes. See below.
Packaging: Nice pump, good design.

So here I am, 33 years old and still getting ingrowns AND zits. I've tried tons of things - benzoyl peroxide seemed to be the most effective at keeping things under control, though. I ordered this product as an attempt to work on the ingrowns (which, while BETTER from wetshaving, were still a problem once a week or so).

What I got was nothing short of a cure for my zits. Period. UNBELIEVABLE product. I find that applying AFTER shaving (after my ASB) is the best timing - it will sting like heck on the freshly-shaved areas, but those places (and anywhere else the gel touches) will become zit-free after a fairly short span of time.

I am buying more of this as soon as my current supply runs out. I am not sure, at all, which ingredient is the one more responsible for my zit-free face, but I'm not sure I care. I just know that my face is looking better now than it ever has.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
I love this stuff. Usually it takes about a 5-6 days for my ingrown hairs to completely go away, but by using Anthony IHT my face is back to normal in 2-3 days tops.

Price: I got mine for $26 which is way cheaper than the Art of Shaving version ($40).

Quality: Definitely worth the money because it works so well.

Scent: Nothing to brag about, but smells better than a lot of other treatments I've used.

Efficacy: While it does get the job done, I wish it prevented a few more ingrown hairs.

Packaging: I agree with the above comments. One full pump is way too much and its hard to tell how much is left in the container.

The only bad thing I have to say about this product is the burning feeling I get for the first 30 seconds after it's applied. This stuff burns like there is no tomorrow. At least I know my neck will look better as a result.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
This stuff just plain works. I've had a few bouts of really nasty ingrown hairs on my journey to shaving nirvana and this was the only thing that worked. It just plan worked! There isn't much of scent and the price is pretty steep but a little goes a long way. I can't recommend this stuff enough!:thumbup:
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
I had a rather nasty run of ingrowns on my neck last summer, and nothing I did short of not shaving helped. I use Thayer's alcohol-free witch hazel and while it helped, I still ended up with small patches of ingrowns every other week or so. I'd seen a review of the AL Ingrown Hair treatment, and decided to try it. I'm pretty skeptical of most product claims, and was pleasantly surprised at my first AL product.

Price: Rather pricey, although I got it from drugstore.com for $25 with free shipping.

Quality: Had pressed to comment on a can 'o chemicals, but I don't experience any burn (like Tend Skin), and it performs as advertised.

Scent: I wouldn't want to wear this as a cologne, but it doesn't have the sickening, vomit-inducing smell of Tend Skin and some of the other bump fighter products.

Efficacy: This stuff does work -- but with a warning. It is powerful! Too much, and your skin will look worse than it did with the bumps. Remember this is an exfoliant, and you will get horrible red patches and/or the dry flakies if you overdo it. A TINY dab on your fingertip is enough to do the entire side of your neck.

Packaging: Very clever pump on top that responds to variable pressure. I like that you can see the product coming across the top of the pump. Unfortunately, the entire can is so lightweight it'll be hard to judge when I'm getting close to empty.

Final impressions: It's made a difference with the occasional ingrowns. I have very sensitive skin and wire-tough whiskers. In the summer, perspiration on a freshly shaved face causes the irritation, and in the winter, those tough whiskers coming up through dry skin causes ingrowns. After a short learning curve (ie, don't use too much of it), I've decided to keep this in my arsenal.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Price: This ranges from around $25-$32 depending the store and even at $25 while expensive, you really use very tiny amounts at a time and the gel is VERY concentrated (more on that later). When it comes down to it, IMO this is probably as good as you are going to get without a prescription from a doctor.

Quality: Good quality. I have not used any other Anthony Logistics products but this stuff is made from high quality ingredients and the dispenser is well built.

Scent: I gave this category a ten because I LOVE the way this stuff smells. I cannot pinpoint what it smells like but it is just very fresh smelling if that helps. I wish they made other products with this exact scent.

Efficacy: This product uses glycolic, salicylic and phytic acids as the main ingredients. The main intend of this product is really just a powerful exfoliant. An ingrown hair is just a hair trapped under skin and this stuff definitely will take layers of skin off if used often. The mfg. claims this can be used daily but does not specify much after that. I tried using this stuff about twice daily on a small area of my neck and after 2-3 days layers of dead skin would come off. So yes it does work well in the sense that it will get rid of ingrown hairs, I would not suggest this as a permanent part of your routine. One last thing to add...in my experience this made the treated are rather red...in one case on a small area on my chin it made it red for a few days after I stopped using it.

Packaging: Nothing special hear, the dispenser is nice I guess but pretty standard otherwise.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
I have been using this because of the above mentioned review. What can I say? It works!
I suffer badly from the occasional razor bump... I do not get them all the time, but when I do, I get them bad, and seem to take forever to go. I basically had got used to having 4 or 5 ugly red bumps on my lower neck for the last.... well - for as long as I can remember.

I have previously tried Tend Skin, which I did get some success with but only up to a certain point (i.e. it reduced the bumps about 70%, but didn't quite manage to get rid of them) and PFB Vanish, which worked like a charm for a few days then just stopped working. I've tried Tea Tre Oil, Witch Hazel and pretty much every other 'remedy' for shaving nasties I could find. None of them lived up to expectation.

A friend of mine told me they had seen an ingrown hair treatment on a website that was 'supposed to be good' - turned out to be Anthony Ingrown Hair Treatment. At this point quite frankly, I was willing to give anything a go, in the hope it would be the miracle product I have been seeking. So I went to investigate.

My first reaction - 25 pounds?! Very expensive (although i'm sure it's cheaper in the States). What the hell I thought - this would be my last try with yet another new product before I handed in the towel and went to see a dermatologist.

Product arrived, and I was glad and somewhat relieved to see it was a fairly good sized container. I proceeded to do my usual routine when I try to get rid of my razor bumps using a new treatment - not shave for 4 or 5 days, and apply the treatment twice a day. The Anthony treatment is a thin gel dispensed from a pump, that is easy to massage onto your face... no cotton balls needed here. It is not as harsh as products like Tend Skin, and at most gives you a tingle instead of a face burning sting.

5 days later? I was amazed. All but the smallest traces of the nasty red razor bumps had gone. And even though it says on the packaging it will take up to 4 weeks for it to do it's job, i'm convinced in a few more days I will have 100% clear skin. This is simply the best ingrown/red bump treatment I have ever used. Yes it's expensive, but it works (for me anyway!). You only need to use a small amount (about a third of a full pump deposit) so I think it will last a fair while - especially considering i've gone down to only using it every other day now.

Price - 7
It is an expensive product, but i've given it a seven because I think you will get quite a bit of use from one bottle.

Quality - 10
Top quality all the way!

Latherability - NA
Not designed to lather.

Moisturizing - NA
Not designed to moisturize. Although it is worth noting that it absorbs into your skin pretty quickly.

Scent - 8
Not a scent you will particularly desire, but i've given it an 8 because it smell so much better than any other in grown hair treatment i've used (i.e. not like a chemical spill!)

Efficacy - 10
Absolutely fantastic! It works so well.

Packaging - 9
Convenient easy to use pump dispenser. Didn't give it a 10 as on a full pump it deposits at least twice the amount you actually need. A half press is good enough.

If you have tried the usual suspects when it comes to ingrown hair treatments and are still having no luck, you could really do worse than to give this a go. Apply twice a day (once in the morning and before bed) for 4 or 5 days whilst not shaving, and I'm sure you will see just how effective this is.

Big thumbs up! :thumbup1:

View attachment 10499

View attachment 10500
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging