What's new

Ansgar Tolksdorf Scuttle

It works! It really works! I've had 4 shaves with Ansgar's Scuttle, purchased through Mama Bear, and I'm really glad I gave it a go.

It's large enough to handle my 32mm Shavemac with ease and begins to warm the lather while your mixing it. I use a superlather with every shave and a combo of Mama Bears unscented SS and Colleen's, The Gentleman's Quarter cream blew up while I was getting it mixed into a mound of rich, thick, hot lather.

I like being able to splash some hot water into the bowl or just dampen the brush tips in the little brush holder, you don't get too much at one time. The scuttle holds the heat very well. Using an "Instant Read" kitchen thermometer shoved down into the center of the brush and lather and starting with water around the 140 degree mark, the temperature never dropped below 110 degrees on a 3 pass shave with touch ups after starting out at over 120 degrees with the air temperature around the 66 degree mark.

All that heat has required me to add a little hot water between passes, but for me, that's a small price to pay for hot lather, and it looks good on the counter too! Highly recommended!

I knocked the packing a little. I know Sue would agree that it needs to be kicked up a notch or two.

I started a discussion thread here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28356
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)