What's new

Angel Men Pure Malt

Not much to say about this one that hasnt already been said, its simply an amazing cold weather scent and one of my all time favorites.
I must admit, I love this fragrance. It is a very deep fragrance, that to me just exudes rich and sophisticated. Angel Men Pure Malt was produced by taking Angel Men and storing it in whisky barrels used to age fine whisky. The result was a masterpiece. If you've smelled Angel Men but found the opening and tar note to harsh. Then you will probably enjoy Pure Malt. It is a smoother more refined gourmand, and is probably one of the best in its class.

The drydown of this cologne is amazing with a rich caramel and whisky flavor. This isn't the rough edge of a Jack Daniels. It is more a fine whisky that you'd sip by the fireplace with a nice cigar. It ends with the patchouli scent that you'll find in all of Thierry Mugler fragrances. A warning to folks, if you're not a fan of gourmands or Angel Men's base then you probably won't like this. You may appreciate the masterpiece that this fragrance is but you probably won't enjoy wearing it. However if you even remotely like gourmands or found Angel Men to harsh, then this is a must have.

This fragrance is a winter, and maybe fall cologne only. Anything over 60 degrees and you're probably going to regret wearing this. I personally won't wear it until it gets colder then that. Like I previously stated, this is perfect for a walk in the Rockefeller Center with your girl or skiing in the Aspens. That's what I think of when I think of this fragrance. It also could be used on a date however. Not so much fine dining, but more a movie in the house by the fire. I wouldn't recommend this for someone in high school. I think it works best for 25+, but possibly could be pulled off by someone in college.

Angel Men Pure Malt = BUY NOW

I really suggest picking this up while you can. It was a limited edition in 2009 and sold out everywhere. It then could only be purchased on eBay and selling for $100-$200 a bottle. It was then reintroduced in 2010, but has since been discontinued. Next year Thierry Mugler has already announced a new fragrance, so this one is probably in the record books. Get it while you can, don't regret missing out on this cologne or overpaying a few months from now.

Scent strength: extreme
Recommended age: 21+
Scent life: 6-18 hours
Classification: gourmand
Recommended use: evening
Price: $$$

Men's Cologne Reviews
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality