What's new

American Crew Shave Cream

Pros: Thick, Rich, Moisturizes
Cons: No Latherability, No Longer Available
I guess I'm the minority on this one. I actually got good results from this stuff.

It seems to moisturize the skin and provides better protection than a canned gel or foam. On the other hand, it's definitely a brushless cream: no lather, no foam, and very thick. It takes longer to shave because of the time spent flushing the razor out. But, it also seems to lubricate the skin and reduce friction better than canned stuff.

This stuff is no longer made. American Crew has moved on to other shave products.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I used it a long time ago and I found then that it was not intended to lather, at all. It would be more accurately described as a shave "lube" more so than a cream. For traditionalists who prefer lather and whipped peaks it will not appear to be a quality product, but to dislike it simply on that basis is not objective or logical.

-Weiland
I was swayed to buy this because of American Crew's excellent hair products. Boy was that a bad decision. This is by far the worst shaving cream ever. It doesn't lather, it drys, and it burns my face. What was Revlon thinking?

I tossed this in the trash. I'm not cruel enough to give it away!
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
0.00 star(s)
This is really the one to avoid!
I tried the Herbal Shave Cream in a tube and the quality is below par.
No lather capabilites at all.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Yup, this is one to skip.

I like AC shampoos (especially the Tea Tree); they're a bit pricey, but I'm a sucker for the scents and the shameless marketing.

Their shaving products, particularly the shave cream, are not worth the money. I do believe I could get a closer shave from Gilette Blu Goo 4 You, or whatever is out there on the mass market these days.

I actually tried to return my tub o' shave cream to Ulta to get my $12.95 back! (The snotty girls offered me a store credit. Sigh...)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
I picked up this shave cream once, and I will not do it again. It's a pretty common find in skin and hair care stores that have almost exclusively women's products. This cream is their token men's shaving cream. It's very pricey. It will not lather up. It's did not give my skin enough lubrication. Also if you plan to do multiple passes you're going to run out of product quickly and end up spending more money. I'll pick up a can of barbasol over American Crew Shave Cream.
I couldn't find a previous thread about this so I'm posting a new one.

Guys, do yourselves a favor and skip this one. I've been using their shampoo and conditioner - which seem to be decent quality as hair products go; but they should really stick to hair products.

This was bar-none one of the worst shaving creams I've tried. I happened to be in the mall and spotted it on display at a salon. I figured, what the heck ... I'll throw down $10 and give it a try. The cream itself is similar in texture to the new Edge Active Care creams. I wince when I say this, but the Edge Active Care is FAR superior to this stuff - and that's not saying much.

Very little lubrication, no latherability, and overall performance was just terrible. I don't even have sensitive skin and I ended up with some razor bumps and a minor breakout. Nasty, nasty stuff :thumbdown

- Dave
Top Bottom