What's new

American Crew: Herbal Shave Cream.

I tried this product a couple of weeks ago, and really liked it. This is meant to be brushless so don't expect to get a huge lather. It's very slick and very moisturizing. It works best on the days you're running late and need a great shave.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
So I'll start with what I think is the most important factor of this cream, almost a disclaimer. This stuff is a CREAM in every sense of the word. It has no lathering ability unless you use it as a base pre-shave for super lather, it is not meant to be whipped into a froth like that of Art of Shaving or Proraso products. If that is what one is gauging the quality of a cream on then this product will not be suitable.

It should also be mentioned that one item that works wondrously for one individual may be horrendous for another just down the street.

:Quality:

This is an incredibly rich emulsion that one does not need copious amounts of to sufficiently envelope the face. When applied to the face with hot water it should be massaged in to create an shiny opaque/white cushion.
It warms the face with a slight burning tingle that permeates the beard and skin quite effectively. It is also absurdly slick and it may take a few moments to wash off with hot water.

:Scent:

The scent is subtle but woodsy and spicy (very herbal). It has touches of moss with a very earthly basis. I am not very skilled at describing scents I apologize.

:Latherability:

It does not lather.

:Efficacy:

For what this cream is designed for its hard to get better in my opinion.

:Moisturizing Properties:

This product is so saturating that the face will feel cushy, tingly and soft for at least ten minutes. This feeling then retreats into a simple smoothness of the skin. Great property considering I have very sensitive skin.

:packaging:

The packaging is not fancy but very logical. The container is a simple olive tube with a black squeeze top.

All in all this is one of my favorite products. I rarely use it on its own though it performs well, but applying it and letting it soak in for a minute provides a great feeling just before lathering a quality shaving soap over it to create super lather. Try it out and I think you'll be satisfied with it.

-Weiland.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability