What's new

Alcolado Glacial

This is a great product, at a great price. Unfortunetly, shipping can be quite expensive.

I bought this product for the high menthol content. It is very cooling and has a pretty good burn to it. The smell is mild and dissapates quickly, so this aftershave does not clash with any other products that you may use.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
Despite the Dutch connection (it is from Curaçao) you can only find it here in ethnic stores and oriental supermarkets. I buy mine in 'Amazing Oriënt" in Eindhoven for 3.50-ish per 250ml where I also buy my Florida Waters.

PRICE: I can get it locally for a little money so 10/10

QUALITY: It is a simple product but does what it should in a perfect fashion so 8/10

FIGHTS RAZOR BURN: I suppose. Your face gets numb for half an hour or so. Whatever you felt before; you won't feel it after you put this on. 8/10

COOLING SENSATION: :velva2: Off the charts and easy 18 out of 10 if they let me. Only recommended on hot summer days and even then you will be looking for your parka when you used too much of it. Your face will be cold (yes, cold) for at least half an hour. One step down from liquid nitrogen.

SCENT: As stated before; alcohol, menthol (and no eucalyptus which would ruin it for me) and some citrussy notes, that's it. Doesn't last long but while it does, it is great. 8/10

EFFICACY: It claims that it cools you. That is what it does close to perfection. Maybe even too well....9/10

MOISTURIZING/NO ALCOHOL BURN: :lol: Are you kidding? This stuff contains 76% alcohol so what is going to moisturize you in here? Beats me. N/A

And for alcohol burn you could rate it 10/10 when you like that in a splash or a 0/10 when you don't. You will know what you did wrong during the shave for sure! N/A
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
ShaveAddict;2495489 said:
It's a great product for hot summer days to use as an aftershave or body splash.

+1

Little to no scent, so it can be used with your favorite cologne or EDT.

This one's all about the menthol. Not for the faint of heart.
It's a great product for hot summer days to use as an aftershave or body splash.
not much in the way of toning,nourishing or moisturizing,but one of the best at rapidly clearing out your tear ducts..great bottle would be even better in glass
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I love this stuff because it is so fresh and clean smelling, really gives a cool blast after the shave, and, after the initial burn, really quiets down any burn or irritation.

Price: I can't find it locally so I always have to pay too much to ship.

Quailty: Good enough. Perhaps whatever essential oil is in it isn't particularly strong as its essence is very short lived.

Fights Razor Burn: Once you fight through the alcohol burn (yowza!) I find that this leaves my face refreshed and cool---no tightness or dry feeling.

Cooling Sensation: Its surname is "Glacial" for heaven's sake! Comes by it honestly!

Scent: MMMMMMMmmmmmm! Like a mentholated gimlet----I think it smells simply of alcohol, menthol and lime (in that order). NO perfumy after smell (which I don't like so much about Osage rub). Doesn't last long at all.

Efficacy: If you like alcohol burn, menthol cool and then a smooth, refreshed face---this is a 10+

Moisturizing: I can't detect a trace of glycerine, allantoin or anything that stays behind. That being said, it amazingly does not dry my face.

No Alcohol Burn: If you don't like alcohol burn...forget it. That's the appeal of Alcolado.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)