What's new

Aftershave Wax

Item Description

Ok so I “layer” everything I own and RazoRock will be no exception except … It reeks!!

The Write-Up: RazoRock 100% Natural Aftershave Wax has been specially formulated using only the finest natural and organic raw ingredients. Hand made in Canada using only 100% organic and natural raw ingredients. It is made using the cold-process method which means 95% of the 'goodness' in the ingredients has been maintained

No question that when guys say to use this sparingly, they mean it. The first time I used it, I placed as much as I normally do on moist hands and wow, this stuff just spread and spread across my face. I had to wipe off the remaining amount on my arms.

Price: 10 - This stuff is cheap $15.00 USD (2012)!!

Quality: 10 - There is no question (to me) that this is a quality product.

Fights Razor Burn: 10 - Wow does it ever work – even if you put it on hours later.

Cooling Sensation: 0 - Yeah, no. Nothing really.

Scent: 0 - Oh gosh! It’s pharmaceutical. This stuff reeks like the inside of some kind of lab trying to hide the smell of blood (don’t ask how I know). Not sure it’ll ever grow on me.

Efficacy: 10 - Works great

Moisturizing: 8 - Not tonns but it does smooth out the skin and did I mention it fights burn!

No Alcohol Burn: 0 - None that I felt.

I love a product that works and as an aftershave this stuff works, although if you’re looking for uber moisturizing, look elsewhere … so you would think I love this stuff then right? Alas no. I just can’t get past the scent. Moreover, I smelt it for about two hours afterward, though only when the wind was right, so it does dissipate. Whew : ).

I am going to keep this stuff (seeing at how little you need, probably for years lol). I’ll use it as often as I can when I use my Razo XXX, but layering is probably going to fall by the wayside on this product line (note to self – buy more Gentlemen’s Refinery AS). It’ll be nice to know I have this though when I try new razors and get burn. Or when introducing friends to Wet Shaving.

Latest reviews

Pros: scent, function, scent, feeling
Cons: none - though 'wax' is not an accurate term
"Wow" is probably the single best descriptor for this product.

I bought it on a whim to tip the contents of my Shopping Cart towards Free Shipping - and boy am I glad I did. When the package arrived it smelt divine! I couldn't figure out why - 'is this suggestive selling by the online retailer who cards the package with a scent' I wondered. I unfurled the bubble-wrap and quickly sourced the culprit, a little leakage from the Razorock AS Wax. So those fragrant notes were all its doing. Wow! Even the better half loved it - and she hates most my shaving gear scents (hates the Cella and the Proraso!).

So "Wow" to the scent. But I was keen to use it in anger, and once I did I found that's exactly what it doesn't do…make things angry. I've persevered with the austere measures of Alum and Proraso Lotion - yeah the sting's supposed to build character and all but really…why do the whole man-up thing when instead you can get a better response from your skin without the fanfare. Just a small amount goes a long way. I have fairly oily skin and yet this 'wax' just sinks in, you can feel your face drinking it...and licking its lips.

Oh yeah the only 'con' and it's a pretty lame one is that this product is less a "wax" and more a "cream".

I concede it might just be a good match for my skin but this stuff seems tailored made for me - the right scent and the right result. This stuff only dropped a point because 10 is reserved for perfection and I've not been around long enough to experience perfect yet. ;)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Best aftershave I have ever used.
Cons: Pricey - but not compared to other stuff.
This product is the best aftershave I have ever used. It clears up any razor burn, it isn't too greasy, just moist enough. Only dab a very small amount (the tips of 4 fingers) in my face to cover the whole thing. Price is pretty good - based on how little is needed.

I am considering buying this for friends as gifts, because I want them to enjoy this stuff too.

As far as the scent - it is a bit medicinal, but I find that once I put it on, it smells a little different than in the jar. It smells like a licorice with a hint of orange, and importantly - my wife really likes the smell. The smell lasts for a few hours, but def. not all day. They do offer some other scents now if that is what is keeping you from it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Price, Packaging, Scent, Performance, Efficiancy
Excellent product. I find the Patchouli scent a little strong for my liking, but overall it's one of the best AS products I have ever used.A little goes a long, long, long way. Beautiful container and application method. Put a dab on your finger and it's enough for my entire face and neck.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Earcutter
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
3.20 star(s) 5 ratings

More in Aftershaves (Reviews)

More from Earcutter

So I trolled the shaving cream reviews for some time looking for a good...
Top Bottom