What's new

After Shave Splash New Formula

Pros: Feeling great
Cons: Expensive
what a great feeling splash. Not too much scent. Perfect before a cologne. Great menthol feel and eucalyptus scent. Maybe a little woody scent too. Good bottle and restrictor. Easy to meter and use in the morning even when you are groggy from a late Ishtar with friends.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Cooling, good scent
Cons: Scent doesn't last
Very good aftershave. Does what a good aftershave is supposed to do. Cools, tones & moisturizes your skin. Scent is nice but it doesn't last. You can smell the eucalyptus but it's not overpowering.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
The scent is awesome, not overpowering but it sticks with you most of the day. Even more importantly, is the way it feels on your skin after a shave. After a slightly alcohol burn there is a cooling blast that lasts for a while. And a few hours later you skin will feel nice and soft. Far and away, the best AS I have used so far.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Great stuff. Bought this at a friends recommendation after years of using supermarket brands (Gilette, Brut etc). Never going back to those now.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent & Menthol
A little background - I've used Proraso Splash as my primary aftershave for about three years now. I love the stuff. I was pretty nervous when I heard about the new formula...

This is the first reformulation I've tried that is actually better than the original product. The original formula felt a bit tacky if you used too much. That is gone with the new formula - I can use as much or little as I want and it feels the same. It is very quickly absorbed and dry within seconds of applying it. The original formula was also pretty mild in the cooling department. The new stuff gives a nice arctic blast that still isn't overwhelming, but definitely colder. I can judge how close my shave is by how cold the splash feels - the closer the colder. The only time I feel any alcohol burn is if I had a rough shave and then it's pretty mild and nullified by the menthol.

As far as the scent goes, I still have a little bit of my last bottle of the original formula left and I can't really tell much of a difference.

Another minor thing that doesn't effect the shave is the bottle design. The new design of the bottle is easier to handle than the old one.

I'm glad they reformulated it. It seems they used their experience to make a good product better - a rare thing these days.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice clean barber shop scent thats not too faint or too strong,skin goodies like Vitamin E,Witch Hazel,Glycerin,very cooling and soothing
Cons: Not available locally
Ive been a huge huge fan of the original Proraso After Shave Splash Lotion and fell in love with it the first time I used it and was heartbroken to hear that it was being discontinued and reformulated.Instead of grieving,I jumped on the chance to try out the new formula ,and Im very glad I did.I just finished shaving about 10 minutes before writing this review and I want to put at ease to other fans of the Proraso Splash that there is nothing to worry about.The new formula is GREAT.Upon opening the bottle,I noticed very very little difference in scent between this and the original formula.It seems to smell a little less "medicinal" to me,and I can sense a tiny bit eucalyptus in it that the old formula doesnt have.After my final pass ,and a cold water rinse and dry,I splashed some liberally on a cupped hand.The small stopper on the bottle works great.You can shake out as much or as little as you want.Upon applying to my face,I wasnt hit with the slap your face sting from most alcohol based after shaves,but a slight tingle,followed by a refreshing cool and calming sensation.The added Glycerin adds some moistorizing ,the witch hazel calms irritation,and the menthol and eucalyptus cools.I gave it a 7 for moisturizing since I felt zero need to follow with a balm.Some with very dry skin may feel the need to use a balm,but even with my combination oily/dry skin,I felt I didnt need it.But YMMVI gave a 7 for alcohol burn ,since there is a slight tingle,but not a fiery burn.Its a rather refreshing tingle.Even right now ,my face feels great,no irritation whatsoever,and scent although not strong is a faint clean scent(and the SO loves it)My only con is I cant get it locally.
So,fans of the original formula,dont worry.This New formula is as great,if not BETTER.I highly recommend it and you will not be disappointed

Here are the ingredients since they are hard to find online

Alcohol Denat., Aqua (Water/Eau), Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Water, Eucalyptus globulus Leaf Oil, Menthol, Ctironellol, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Coumarin, PEG-40Hydrogenated Castor Oil, CL 42090 (FD&C Blue No. 1), Cl 19140 (FD &C Yellow No. 5).

happy shaving
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn