What's new

Adidas Dynamic Pulse Aftershave

Pros: Scent, cost, availability
Cons: scent does not last
This is an excellent cheap aftershave. It has a light modern scent that fades a little too quickly, but as an aftershave it works very well.

It is not overly moisturising, but it's not drying either. The face feel is excellent.

I would defiantly recommend this to someone looking for a more modern aftershave.

imcndn

Ingredients:
Alcohol Denat., Aqua/Water/Eau, Parfum/Fragrance, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Limonene, Allantoin, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Propylene Glycol, Linoleamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Benzyl Salicylate, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehydre, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Columarin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Citral, Eugenol, Linoleic Acid, Potassium Gluconate, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Linolenic Acid, Tocopherol, Ext. D&C Violet No. 2 (Ci 60703), FD&C Yellow No. 5 (Ci 19140). 63% Vol
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Just a quick correction. You mention in your review that this product is not mentholated. I just looked at the ingredients posted on the Adidas Web site for this product and it does indeed contain menthol.
This is getting harder to find in my area, but it is a great AS. This is my wife's favorite among my AS's. It has a nice modern scent, one that I find to be the best among the modern AS's.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I gotta say that I like this stuff a lot. My dad used English Leather, British Sterling and Old Spice. I wanted to get some Old Spice and for weeks Id go to the grocery store or drug store and check it out or the generic store brand OS and the other stuff like AV but every time I opened the lid I just couldnt bring myself to buy any. I guess because its been around for so long, you know the smell of it and the first thing that comes to my mind is, "that dude's wearing some cheap stuff" or "my grandpa/dad smells like that" etc. So I just couldnt do it. Then I saw the Addias and opened it and was blown away at the smell. I guess because it hasnt been around for decades and my nose cant pick it out in a crowded room. It kinda sorta reminded me of Hugo Boss. So for $6 (Wally World has it for less than $5) I figured what the heck. If you want something new and wont break your wallet grab some. The sport scented (orange) was nice to. The n/a ratings were because they are a non issue with me esp the moisturizing, I have oily skin, hard to tell on that.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
.This stuff smells great, It's my back up right after proraso! Great Price works really great, too bad the EDT is hard to find around here!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
My go-to aftershave has always been Aqua Velva Ice Blue. However, it's strong enough that when I don't want a consciously-noticeable scent, I stick with witch hazel and nothing else. This lands squarely between unscented aftershaves and your "signature scent": enough presence to be noticeable, but light enough to not elicit a "he's wearing a scent" reaction.

It's not mentholated, and it's not even got much alcohol in, so it's less cooling than many aftershaves. However, it doesn't dry out my skin (though it's not really "moisturizing" per se), and it still has enough alcohol for that "bite", if not really a "burn".

All in all, buy it. You can pick it up for five or six bucks at most grocery or big-box stores, and it'll serve you well.

Discuss here.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn