What's new

Acqua Di Parma Colonia Assoluta

Love it,bought the aftershave balm and the shower gel.

Paul
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I havent scored this stuff to save time, this product gets 10 out 10 for all criterion. Its the manly, gentleman smell of Italy. Its unisex too which is odd; I'd be very interested to smell this on a woman. I think this on a woman would be just as appealing; in my oppinion the best fragrances can by worn by both genders. I myself am very partial to lavender which is considered girly; in my oppinion, as mentioned, classic fragrances of a natural origin are the best and are great for both genders.

The price is great too because it is quality and I don't like the idea of these types of fragrances being easily accessible to many. Selfish I know.

Ryan.
A really wonderful men's cologne.

Aqua Di Parma's packaging alone is enough to want this in your bathroom. Its Black Font, against white and yellow is so bold and beautiful, i can always admire it just when i go to wash my hands.

The scent is something vintage, and works very well in the modern world. Its a great thing to be able smell classic, and still questionably modern, at the same time. Its breezy smell, but also has its woodsy and musky character.

Price.. its expensive. But i think it works in favor for this product because its something special that you can put on, knowing that not every Joe will have this in his stockpile.
This is a wonderful "evolving" fragrance. When I first tried it, I immediately recalled the regular AdP notes. Later, it morphed into an entirely new aroma. Its a keeper!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
most colonges/edt have something in them that smells artificial and want to attract you with a powerful blast or wow factor that is aggravating going down the throat. and this assoluta shows just how artificial most others are!

there is a depth to this smell that when you get a wiff of it, it naturaly opens up your nasal passage so you want to take another wiff. and a deep wiff at that. try and take a deep wiff with most other fragrances and they make you want to cough.

a classic. one of, if not the best!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I have used this for over 18 months now.
It's just my most favoured scent.
I used it whenever I want to feel special, and it gives a clean yet complex and sophisticated feeling when I wear it.

Highly recommended.
Well, I've always worn the "regular" Colonia, so the Assoluta was a bit of an experiment for me. I really like it -- it's similar to Colonia but with a few different notes and a more pronounced opening punch and longevity.

The bottle and packaging exude quality, and the atomizer on my 100ml bottle is one of the best I have used. Very nice...I'll likely keep a bottle of Assoluta in my rotation.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Ratings explanation: My review is based on 3 wearings from a sample, so I can't address the packaging or the atomizer. I can tell you that it is noticeable for about 5-6 hours and that I love the smell.

Review: Everyone mentions the citrus and other aspects of Assoluta, but few mention the rose. To my nose, rose is the cologne's most prominent note. Assoluta isn't terribly complex, but any complexity beyond its few minor notes would ruin it. With this fragrance, beauty lies in its rose+lemon simplicity.

Bottom line: This is on my "to buy when it goes on sale" list.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
2.00 star(s)
This stuff is bright and citrusy off the line, gradually developing deep amber/vanilla notes on drydown. It is vibrant and unique, contemporary and classic. To say it's worth a try would be an understatement...:wink:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
From Acqua Di Parma:

"bitter orange of Sicily, bergamot and verbena to the warm and spicy notes of cardamon, pink pepper and pimento. Jasmine, rose, ylang ylang, and wild orchid are blended with exotic vetiver, American cedar...white musk and amber"

Somewhat similar opening topnotes as the original Colonia but with a more spice and umph. Colonia Assoluta is my favorite scent from Acqua Di Parma. Clean, fresh and citrusy, it's in a class by itself. It is a eDC so it lasts quite long not changing too much throughout the hours. This is what I like about it. It opens strong and stays that way - its got some serious staying power. Some citrus scents are too lemony or orangy but this one keeps its citrus appeal while complexing you with a few other woody and spicy notes.

While the Acqua Di Parma line is definitely not the cheapest around, you do get your moneys worth. A little of this goes a long way. Its not an everyday scent and more suitable for those special occassions, but when you wear it, people will notice.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)