What's new

Showcase

Latest reviews

• Fendrihan MK II Full Stainless Razor
    4.00 star(s)
    Great razor for a new or experienced wetshaver
    I bought this razor back in 2017 (now 2024) so the review should be all right. I had time to use the razor multiple times with a few blades...
    • Luc

Showcase statistics

Categories
Items
Views
Comments
Ratings
Reviews
Kyle
0.34 star(s) 74 ratings
Views
Reviews
Price: At $30, this razor is a bargain. When considering all of the safety razors on the market, this would be a middle priced item. When considering the quality of the razor, this is a bargain price. Grip: The pommel (to borrow a term from Rich) of this razor is textured which allows a very secure grip while shaving. The handle is gnarled which allows a secure grip while rinsing, blade changing, etc. Ease of Blade Replacement: Blade replacement is a cinch with the HD. While it isn't as...
crackstar
0.20 star(s) 40 ratings
Views
Reviews
Last September, I had met a gentleman on the Wetshavers Group forum living in Poland, who was telling me that Wars (pronounced VARS) is his favorite shaving cream for a long time. He offered to send me a tube to try out and after making the arrangements, the tube arrived with a second tube of another Polish-made shaving cream. When I opened the tube, the lemony, fresh scent delighted me, and the lather pleased me as well. It gave me a great smooth shave, and my skin felt comfortable and...
(photo is next to a Vulfix $41) Size: 20mm knot, 45mm bristle loft, 37mm handle height, 82mm overall height Price: At $60, this is not a cheap brush. I could have received a better deal if I'd purchased the 2233 or 2234 brush and a travel tube. A lot of what you are paying for, however, is the nickel plated handle and travel tube, which are incredibly beautiful. Density: This brush is packed more densely than some of the other Vulfix brushes. I was not at all displeased with the...
mrob
0.20 star(s) 25 ratings
Views
Reviews
These guys at Nancy Boy must be magicians--that's all I can think of whenever I use this stuff. The scent is killer--if you don't like the NB house scent, you don't like smelling--and no other product makes my face feel this good. It leaves no greasiness behind, yet makes the face feel smoother and somehow richer. There's just a sense of "rightness" with this cream--I don't know how they do it, but this stuff is pure gold. Try it--really.
When I got my box from Nancy Boy last week I was really looking forward to trying this shave cream. Not knowing if I'd really like it or not, I ordered the travel size as a "tester." Now I'm sorry I didn't buy the big tub. This has quickly become my "go to" shave cream, even better than my Trumpers Sandalwood. The scent is fantastic, it feels great on the face, and produces the closest shave I've been able to get so far. Its really a perfect product (my 9 in latherability has more to do...
I have had a chance to use this stuff for a bit now, and I have to say I am pretty impressed. The scrubbing particles are small, and the concentration is on the low side, which makes it great for sensitive skin. The scent is very nice, soft, and sweet (also comes in a green tea scent which is not as sweet). Most importantly, this stuff is verymoisturizing. It really makes your face feel soft and supple. Top notch product at a great price.
Scotto
0.26 star(s) 19 ratings
Views
Reviews
I got this stuff a while back in an order from Baudelaire soaps, and have been using it to great effect. This is an alcohol-free splash that has witch hazel and shea butter in it. It feels extremely soothing to the skin, and has some of the best moisturizing properties of any splash I have come across. When you look at your hands after applying it to your face, you can see the shine (though it is matte on your face) of the shea butter. This is one of the very few AS splashes I have used...
I have a weakness for alcohol-based aftershaves. I find them a really nice change of pace from the balms, etc. The really high-quality ones, like this one from WoW, don't burn that bad, and actually leave your face feeling very nice. Although alcohol-based aftershaves burn at first, I believe they are unparalleled at reducing razor irritation. This product has a very interesting scent - very "green" and woodsy. It also leaves your face reasonably moistuized for what it is. This...
Another masterpiece from Evyap Industries, which I received as a gift, I began using it a week ago. The lather is great, the scent is beautiful, it's so soothing and gentle on the skin, that shaving is a pleasure. :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: The lather not only prevents irritation and razor burn, it gives a cooling feeling similar to menthol especially if you do a second lathering. I'm just head over heels in love with this company's products. Jeff
I remember the barber shop that dad used to take me for my haircuts when I was a young kid, and he'd take a haircut and a shave as well. I also remember the scent of the barbershop every time I'd walk in. This soap is called "Barber Salon", and for a good reason, the packaging has a barbershop pole on it, and it smells exactly like a barbershop did back in the 60's. This stuff has a nice lather, gives a smooth, close shave, although it could be a little more moisturizing. Price-wise, 12.50$...
Kyle
0.45 star(s) 179 ratings
Views
Reviews
While evaluating these blades, I used them exclusively for 2 weeks and only in a Merkur HD. The first week was with Taylor's Avocado, and the second week was split between Taylor's Rose and Proraso. For the sake of argument, one may claim that these blades perform differently when used in a different razor or with a soap instead of a cream. Price - If purchased through on-line auction, these blades can be anywhere from 15 to 25 cents a blade, but you must buy 100 blades. If purchased...
Kyle
0.53 star(s) 103 ratings
Views
Reviews
I'm a big fan of the Taylor's creams, and an even bigger fan of the Avocado (the new scent). For me, there are few shaving products that are finer. Price - Unlike the other English creams (the 2 remaining T's specifically), Taylor's is a bargain. Scent - I almost didn't purchase this cream because I had read several reviews where people spoke of their strong distaste for the scent. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that I absolutely love the smell of this cream. It is a very...
Many thanks to Classicshaving for carrying such a wonderful shaving soap. I have a funny feeling that it's a twin brother of Gold-Dachs Spezial, but I can't be too, too sure! :biggrin: It's such a fine soap, I mean the scent, latherability and moisturization and overall shaving results are incredible. The only gripe if you could call it a gripe is the price. Other than that, wunderbar! Jeff
crackstar
0.50 star(s) 8 ratings
Views
Reviews
I've always enjoyed the DR Harris line, I started to use it a couple of years ago, and I was fortunate enough to purchase DR Harris almond shaving cream. This cream is very pleasantly scented with a cherry-almond fragrance, and does it ever lather rich and thick! My skin tends to be very sensitive, so I find the ingredients to be perfect for my complexion. I would very highly recommend this cream to anyone who wants to get into wetshaving. Jeff
crackstar
0.82 star(s) 17 ratings
Views
Reviews
Around a year ago, I bought DR Harris Arlington shaving cream in a store selling all kinds of high-end English creams and soaps. I was immediately impressed with the lather ability and ease of shave with this cream. The scent is a bit weak in the cream, and maybe the moisturizing could be a teeny touch better, but everything else about this stuff is wonderful. Jeff
This is my second favorite scent (after the Vetyver) from L'Occitane. It is redolent of anise and nutmeg in the top notes, and dries down to a solid woody base. Quite a unique fragrance, and one to set you apart from other gents. I really like this one in cool weather.
I actually disliked this scent when I first got it. I find in the summer's heat, it can smell a bit acrid. In cooler weather, though, this stuff is a winner. Very strongly perfumed with neroli (orange blossom), with a very interesting dry down featuring some amber and musk notes. There are also some nice zesty tones dancing around - quite complex and nice. This one wouldn't offend anyone.
This was one of those "love at first scent" fragrances for me. I just love anything sandalwood, and I own many different colognes, soaps, and creams in this scent. It starts out a bit sweet, but dries down into something dryer and perhaps a bit "powdery". It is never overpowering, and sticks around a long time. This is probably my favorite sandalwood cologne, and it is reasonably priced at $40 per 100mL. Since it is also available in a bodywash and aftershave balm (both excellent...
This is some pretty good lip balm I picked up at the local hippie shop. Nice smell, works well - and I think I prefer it to Burts Bee's. Very nice stuff! Moisturizes well, does not leave your lips shiny, and stays on for quite some time. It isn't as "paste" like as burts and is less of a "gummy" feeling on your lips. As you can see below it is loaded with goodies for you lips!
I sincerely hope and pray I'm not offending anyone with this review, but this is the most worthless, waste of money I ever had except to say that it's very cheap. I think bath soap would perform better than Colgate. Jeff
Top Bottom