What's new

Showcase

Latest reviews

• Fendrihan MK II Full Stainless Razor
    4.00 star(s)
    Great razor for a new or experienced wetshaver
    I bought this razor back in 2017 (now 2024) so the review should be all right. I had time to use the razor multiple times with a few blades...
    • Luc

Showcase statistics

Categories
Items
Views
Comments
Ratings
Reviews
Scotto
0.10 star(s) 48 ratings
Views
Reviews
I have to admit I avoided AOS creams for the longest time. They don't seem to get as much press as the three T's, and when it is discussed, it is generally a gripe against their price. I got a tub of this from another member, and I was utterly blown away at how good the shave was, and how nice and pure the scent was. Here it is from one of my shaves this week: Price Yeah, it is on the pricey side ($22), but you get a lot of it. Quality This stuff just exudes quality. The tub...
I am a big fan of the Provence Sante products, available from Baudelaire Soaps. This hard soap ranks among the best out there. Here it is for today's shave: Price It is a bit expensive at $25 a pop, but the cool redware bowl is worth it. Plus it lasts forever Quality Very high-quality product. The folks at PS don't skimp. Scent Very nice, and different from the usual gamut of Almond, Rose, etc. The scent is a mix of Vervaine and Linden. I can't put a finger on how to...
Kyle
0.14 star(s) 21 ratings
Views
Reviews
Taylor's Shaving Shop cream is noticeably different from the floral scented and Avocado creams that Taylor's makes. While some of the same qualities exist, it is lacking in others. I have not used any of Taylor's other "perfume" scented creams, but I would guess that, at least on my skin, they would perform similarly to the Shaving Shop. Scent - The Shaving Shop scent is really something special. It is an exceptionally crisp and clean smelling cream in which I find great pleasure...
Kyle
0.13 star(s) 89 ratings
Views
Reviews
Taylor's Rose shaving cream is a top product in my books. I simply cannot imagine this cream ever leaving the rotation. Certainly there is some sentimental attraction as this was the first English cream that I ever owned, but this stuff is nice. Scent - In a word, magnificent. If you don't like rose scents then you would obviously disagree with this statement, but if you do, stop reading and go buy some now. Latherability - Like Taylor's Avocado, this lather from this cream is...
Nick
0.33 star(s) 127 ratings
Views
Reviews
There's not much to say on the Merkur Blade, which isn't a bad thing. This is a dependable blade that provides consistent shaves. It might not be the sharpest, and it might not be the cheapest, but it is a good, well performing blade. Blades are oddly enough very much a matter of personal preference. I prefer Merkur. -Nick
If you read the SOTDs with any regularity, you'll notice one common recurrrence: Hydrosols. Right to the skinny, what are hydrosols? Hydrosols are the water produced during the steam or hydro-distillation process of a plant. They contain all the therapeutic goodies of the plant in a light, water form. For this reason, certain hydrosols can moisturize, cleanse, tone, and rebalance skin. Not to mention, the aroma is very therapeutic and refreshing. What is da Vinci water? da Vinci water is...
Have you ever spent months living in the forest, chopping down trees, living off the fat of the land, showing Paul Bunyan a thing or two? I haven't either, but if I did, I'd imagine the experience would smell much like the B&B Cologne. B&B is not a light or faint scent. It hits you with an intense woody smell. Joel best describes the scent in a post I borrowed from the forums: Make no mistake, this is a very pure, fine-tuned scent. It is not cheaply and haphazardly thrown together...
I was in the local beauty supply store recently, as they were the only place that carries Baxter of California's products. While I was there, I decided to take a look around at their bath soaps. What I found was a massive 8.8 oz brick of triple milled bath soap by Archipelago Botanicals. The testers smelled nice; albeit very faint. Despite the almost nonexistent scent, and the hefty price tag, I figured I'd give it a shot. I purchased the Bergamot Tobacco, and the Wasabi Mint. When I got...
crackstar
0.66 star(s) 82 ratings
Views
Reviews
I bought this soap just before Christmas last year at one of our big department stores after hearing many good reports about it. I must say that it's a top-of-the-line soap, it smells beautiful, lathers like a son-of-a-gun, gives an awesome shave, but it has 2 drawbacks, one small one, being that it leaves my skin a little on the dry side, and one rather big one, it's awfully expensive. Yet, I feel it's well worth trying. Jeff
rtaylor61
1.19 star(s) 122 ratings
Views
Reviews
Viewing the packaging of Arko Shaving Soap reminds me of something Marty would have found in the first "Back to the Future" movie. Very out of date, yet quaint. But what matters is inside. Peel back the foil wrapper, and you'll find a white "candle" of shaving soap. It's a shaving stick, and one that is easy to use. Twice the price of a puck of Williams Shaving Soap, but 10 times the soap. The scent it nice, but faint. This stuff lathers easily, and provides the basics for a good...
I have in my greedy little mits not one, but two variants of Sue's excellent "Bath Butter." Since it's still basically winter time here in dreary Michigan; my skin gets about as dry as parchment if I'm not careful. Therefore, I'm always on the hunt for TRULY moisturizing shower products (I say truly because most claim something that they never deliver in this regard). The two scents that I have of this great stuff is "Shamrock" and "Savory Rose." Actually, I find the scents fairly...
According to Sue: ...so rich you only need the size of one-fourth to a half of a pea to massage into skin until it develops a powdery feel. Tiny bits of Butter dissolve on contact with skin. This is unfragranced and suitable for men or women; face, legs, elbows or to any parched skin area. It is formulated with a blend of Shea Butter, Mango Butter, Cocoa Butter, Aloe, Sweet Almond Oil, Avocado Oil and Vitamin E. This four ounce jar will last a very long time. My skin is dry to begin with...
Unregistered
Views
Reviews
First... I need to address the sheer enormity of this product. Please refer to the images below. That is a $25 300ML bottle of Tabac cologne next to a $50+ 50ML bottle of GFT. Talk about WOW. Ok - so tabac is in my opinion just a superior version to a Trumper/T&H Spanish Leather. I really enjoy the leathery/manly scent of this cologne - and it is a 10% DEAD ringer for the soap - so if you are a fan of the soap, it is a perfect pairing. This cologne has good staying power, and an...
Ok - so here is an interesting product.... basically it uses acid to melt away the skin around your hair to thwart ingrown hairs, while using a MEGA dose of Alcohol and Glycerin to fight razor burn. So... does it work? Well - kinda. It DOES do a wonderful job fighting razor burn, and killing ingrown hairs... however it smells like cancer (if cancer had a smell) and burns like hadies. I mean - this makes any Alchy based aftershave splash look like girlie man stuff... this stuff REALLY burns...
Devine smell.... like a lemon/verbena/tea tree/mint kinda scent.... really nice. Ok ok - lemme cut to the chase - this is a foot cream/powder. Basically you apply it to your feet in a "creme" form, and within seconds it turns into a poweder. Keeps your feet dry, yet soft, supple and moisturized all day long. Really the ONLY "foot" product I would really recommend. Truly nice stuff! PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO DISCUSS THIS REVIEW IF YOU HAVE NOT TRIED THIS PRODUCT, AND ARE NOT ADDING A...
:smile: Guys, I was born in 1954 in what used to be part of Poland, and is now part of Ukraine, and I left at a very young age. I went back a year ago but paid no attention to any shaving creams or other toiletries. This past September, a fella who lives in Krakow, Poland, who's a member of the wetshavers group sent me WARS shaving cream, which is big in Poland, and he also sent me this cream to try out. It's a very inexpensive, no-frills, and good basic cream, it lathers very well, smells...
Kyle
0.67 star(s) 12 ratings
Views
Reviews
The antique design of the handle makes this a very attractive razor for the collection. The open comb model, however, is not my choice for a great shave. Advertising for this model of razor reads, "...open-comb version is preferred by men with a heavier beard." I have a heavy beard, so I went with this version. After extended use, I fail to see the benefit. Price - At $27, this is a very affordable razor. Grip - The 6-sided, faceted handle is visually appealing. It definitely makes this...
Without question - hands down - my favorite straight razor. Yeah - you'll hear fellas preaching "choppers" - big honkin 1 inch SOB's you can barely move around your face, Thiers Issards - pain to sharpen and stain immediatly - etc etc.... but seldom do you hear just how great a stainless steel razor is. Stainless steel is much harder than carbon steel - thus it is more difficult to sharpen - HOWEVER, once properly honed it will stay sharper much longer. It is my experience however, that...
joel
0.28 star(s) 32 ratings
Views
Reviews
So I got a sample of this stuff from Charles at QED USA and decided to give it a test run... Ready to rock and roll.... now what brush to use? Finger swipe away.... Soaked Polo 12 ready to go to work... T - 10.....9..... 10 Swirls... 25 Swirls.... More Cream added - 10 more swirls.... Verdict? I am quite underwhelmed. I have since used up my sample - and thus far for the life of me - I cannot get a decent shave with this stuff... I get more nicks...
Kyle
0.49 star(s) 39 ratings
Views
Reviews
Price: Since these wonders are no longer available new, one must resort to on-line auction, antique store, flea market, or estate sale to locate one. I was fortunate enough to win this razor on ebay for under $30 with shipping included. The good deals are out there, you just have to be patient. Quality: This razor was made to last. I am, at least, the second owner of this tool, and other than some minor wear marks, it is still in remarkable condition. User Friendly: The only...
Top Bottom