What's new

94R

D
Pros: Very aggressive blade position for a really close shave.
Cons: Be sure your technique is good, or it will bite. Finish is subpar.
I wanted something more aggressive and man did I get it with this razor. As others have mentioned, the blade position actually hangs out over the safety bar, so one wrong motion and you will pay. Taking my time, and good lather resulted in a perfect BBS with only one nick that wasn't too bad on the first go around. This razor is not for someone just starting out. The cut design of the handle feels a little abrasive, but comfortable enough and is necessary to keep a good grip on this little biter. Proper angle is needed or you will feel tugging. The biggest grip I have is the finish of the razor. The top of the razor on mine does not align completely straight, so it is slightly angled over the blade. This doesn't affect performance, but it does look bad and I expected better for the fit and finish of the parts. But it does provide an excellent shave, so I guess that's what matters most.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Looks good, nice and heavey
Cons: Maybe a little too industial
Well I bought this and the Merkur 1904 and this was the one that taught me the most. After several months of ownership I can say that this razor will bite your bum if not treated with respect. It's aggresive but in a good way. Hold the bottom and let the Merkur style head do the work.

The fit 'n' finish is very good. The plating is good with no rough bits or mould / casting lines that I can see. Blade replacement is good as it's a 3 piece. The grip is....well industrial but gives good grip in the shower or at the sink.

It's heavy but again in a good way. You know your holding something put together right.

One thing is that this razor is supplied in a cardboard box not the usual Parker case, so you'll need to get a sheath if your traveling.

A great razor to teach respect but NOT FOR NOOBS!!
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)