What's new

7 a.m. PLATINUM HI STAINLESS

Got these in an Amazon sample pack, so they were cheap in that sense. Further research confirms that they are indeed cheap. The initial blade is pretty darn sharp, but it doesn't last long.

Long story short, if you end up with them, use them, but I wouldn't seek them out or change from your current blade for them.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Does it's job. Decent longevity.
Cons: Not the smoothest or sharpest.
These blades will do a nice job for 4-5 shaves for me. I think hat I like them alright, but would not go out of my way to buy them. Not as smooth as an Astra Sp or as sharp. If it were a lot cheaper then maybe. More comfortable in an aggressive razor. No razor burn at all.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
received one of these blades in a sample pack a while ago; used it for the first time today with a 46 aristocrat and aos sandlewood sc; perhaps the worst blade i have ever used. used it for just one half of my face and took the blade out and changed to a different brand. i didn't bleed from it, but it felt like i was using a blade that already been used 10x.
The best shaves I've ever had have come from these blades tucked in to a long comb gillette NEW. They were very smooth, so smooth I had to check my NEW to make sure there was a blade in it. The shave was irritation free, not a single nick, and as close to BBS as I'll ever get. I'm one off, I guess.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Avoid these. They cut my face to absolute shreds. Previously had 5 shaves with a Treet black blade and no nicks whatsoever. Stick one of these blades into my razor and hey presto, numerous nicks appear on the first pass alone. I even nicked myself on the very first stroke. Could barely manage to get through the shave it was that bad.

These blades are absolute rubbish.
Maybe my face has just adapted to these or something. Granted, I recently went from bearded, shaving just the neck, to full clean-shaven, but I can maybe get 2 or 3 shaves out of each blade now, and there's no hope of getting a BBS shave without raking my face open.

Can't beat the price, though, so if you've got soft/thin hair and rough/resilient skin, these are probably great for you. If you're like me and have super-sensitive skin and gorilla hair, avoid at all costs.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Got them for free, so can not comment on the price. In the Flying Eagle travel razor with Godrej de Luxe a nice blade. Even kind of smooth on the most difficult part (chin to adams apple), and not much irritation..So not bad at all. A lot like a Gillette Super Thin Platinum (Vietnam)
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
These were the first DEs I ever tried...came with my Parker 22 and became my training wheel blades. I then switched to Feathers for awhile, trying to convince myself that all the bleeders and irritation the F's were providing would go away after awhile. They didn't. Returned to the 7 a.m.s with relief.

Since then, I've switched to a Fatboy. Results have been the same.
These may not be the best blades, but they are solid, forgiving performers. I've been able to consistently achieve BBS with them, and, on a sharpness and smoothness scale, they're comparable with Derbys--that is, not as biting as a Feather or as pulling. They don't generate razor burn like my Crystals and Feathers have done, and I can consistently get 5 shaves out of them, compared to the 2-3 I've gotten with every other blade in my West Coast sampler. The biggest gripe I have with these is the matchbox packaging, which provides little protection against errant water droplets.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
buddyboy;1210038 said:
I have a pretty durable face----bad blades usually do not do any real harm. I've used these in a FB,SA, and an old Krona. I kid you not---I bled every time.

Same story with me. They seem sharp enough but I bled every time and my face is shoe leather. Slim, Tech, Krona and Merkur 33c.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
My first experience of these blades was not that bad. I found the blade smoother and sharper than a Derby. However I don't think they're that consistent. They're not a bad blade. I can get a reasonable shave for 2 or 3 days with my Merkur Futur. The blade performs less well for me in other razors.
The "Sharp" blades also made in Bangladesh are a better buy.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
These were the second blades I tried. Sharper than Derby but nowhere as smooth. In fact, I ran a slight Fear Factor as I transitioned over to them and thought them sharp enough to buy 100. Wish I hadn't done that as a noob. Now I have a lot of blades stashed and rarely use one.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
I found these to be really good. I can't believe some of these reviews above, but I guess it all depends on how you prep and how your technique is. The packaging was a little bit clutsy however I have yet to cut myself in over 15 shaves with this blade. I have gotten 5 shaves per blade and no problems at all.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I tried these in a Feather travel, Merkur HD and a couple of different shavettes. I used Musgo Real cream to face lather with. They start out really smooth and comfortable, if not exceedingly sharp, but the edge degrades rapidly for me. With the DE's, I could get through a shave with some noticable harshness toward the end of the third pass. I did not bother trying to get two shaves from a blade. With the shavettes, I usually do one pass down and one pass up with no nicks or irritation from Sharp or american Personnas (difficult to snap in half without a wrapper, but doable). I could not complete a shave with the shavette, using half a blade, without irritation and a couple of weepers. Too bad, they start buttery smooth and comfortable.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
I have a pretty durable face----bad blades usually do not do any real harm. I've used these in a FB,SA, and an old Krona. I kid you not---I bled every time.
got these free with a parker 22 razor, which was my first venture into the double edge blade world.

these are not good.

i use derby's now for consistent, smooth shaves for a frame of reference.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
I agree with the above, inexpensive, and passable quality. I am going to stick to my Israelis and Feathers that I get on ebay.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
I found these to be a little bit rough and they seemed to pull more than the Derbys I was comparing them to. They're cheap, but the quality was only so-so. Although they're cheap, there are better low cost alternatives out there. I won't be buying more of these.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
I got a package of these blades with a Parker 89r razor that I bought. They are actually not bad blades. Not real sharp, but they gave me a smooth irritation-free shave.

They were only good for 2 shaves. I usually get 3 shaves out of Derby's which are my go-to blades.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
i got a few packs of these for free from a friend. but checking on amazon.com the price is $17.76 for 100 blades. that isn't too bad. i was kind of wary at first about using these based on the "eh" reviews i've seen of them on the forums.

i've been using these blades only for about 4 weeks now. so about 20 or so shaves. a small sample size but enough to go through an entire box and start a new one.

well those reviews are pretty much wrong. esp the post about squire from shave my face reviewing the blade.

i found the shave on these blades to be really quite smooth. much smoother then the wilkinson sword ones i've used for a while now. i've been able to get 5 shaves out of them as opposed to the 4 from the wilkinson blades.

as far as sharpness goes i would say these are about the same as the wilkinson ones. my beard is pretty rough and thick and i felt no pulling or anything like that.

they come in a little cardboard box with a slot to store the used blade in. the blades come double wrapped. the outside being a little green envelope (literally think of a green envelope for a letter) and the inside being wax paper.

overall, i was very impressed with the smoothness and longevity of the blades. i will definately be buying more.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Price: they are now twenty cents a piece

Quality: they seem fine to me

Sharp: they seem sharp enough to me

Longevity: they lasted well for the price, only twenty cents a piece

Smoothness: I'd say that they are smooth , even from the first shave

Packaging: they are green. How could the packaging fail? That's all opinion stuff.

Squire at www.shavemyface.com gave these a passing grade. He has all that experience and is the main tester at that site. These blades are OK.
Top Bottom