What's new

6/8 Thiers Issard Frameback....

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Appearance...
Some framebacks can actually look quite elegant.... this one in particular is 100% brute. These are "mans man" razors, and just seem to drip testosterone. They are mean, brutal, evil looking devices.

Scale...
This razor has really plane jane black celluloid scales. Not much excitement, but they look decent enough.

Blade/Performance...
True Frameback's claim to fame are their extremly ridgid blades. Since it is a seperate piece of metal fused to the spine, they can use a super high carbon content steel, held by a very, very rigid spine (think what Takeda blades are on a Maestro). These razors just LOVE to devour very, very dense, tough beards, and make a 1/4 hollow razor seem downright flexible. These really provide an interesting, and different shaving experience, and like ALL good Thiers Issard razors - this honey is a marvelous shaving razor. These are quite rare, but are usually somewhat reasonable when they pop up and they'll shave every bit as good as a new TI 4X their cost!

Overall...
A wonderful shaver, a very interesting/different shaving experience, a neat/brutish look, and a mighty well balanced, comfortable (shave and ergonomics) razor.

While it may seem as though I tend to really like most of the razors I review (but not all) keep in mind I have been using/collecting straight for 5 years, and most of the "duds" or razors I haven't been head over heels in love with, i've sold, or traded off. Most of the razors left in my collection are those which are REALLY first rate straight razors, both in function and form.

TO DISCUSS THIS REVIEW, PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD!

:smile:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Lasting Edge
4.00 star(s)
Craftsmanship
3.00 star(s)
Easy to Sharpen
4.00 star(s)
Easy to Maintain
3.00 star(s)
Shaving Smoothness