What's new

6/8 Puma Gold...

Item Description

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Looks...
This is really a remarkably gorgeous razor, and an equally stellar shaver. Really an interesting look to it, with the "gold" colored scales, and the gold wash on the blade, and although it may look a bit "over the top" - it really works, and is a stunning razor to behold in person.

Gold Wash on blade...
displayimage.php

Puma Logo on scales....
displayimage.php

Quality...
Like all pumas, simply TOP notch fit and finish, and scary quality control standards. Everything fits PERFECT on this razor. You can't buy ANY new razor as wonderfully built as a minty puma.

The Shave....

Pumas have a reputation for being the BEST shavers out there. Well... i'm not going to argue that one. Sure.... there are razors that shave AS WELL, but you'd be REALLY hard pressed to find a razor that'll outshave a Puma Gold. At least in my opinion.... a Puma Gold puts a wonderedge, OR a good Thiers Issard to shame, as not only do they develop as fine and edge as the aformentioned, but they seem to hold it longer, and shave in a more rigid manner, and leave your face smoother/less irritated. Really a monster shaver.

Price....
Yikes... this is where it kills the deal. A good condition Puma Gold can run upwards of $400. Yeah.... really brutal. While I don't think they are "worth it" worth it - in that the raw materials and the razor itself should go for that princely sum - but I do feel you can't buy a better shaving razor for under $400.... so in that regard, as expensive as these may be.... they are "worth it" in the sense of tremendous performance and rareity. Most don't realize.... a Dubl Duck Wonderedge when sold new was neither rare, or expensive.... Pumas have always been considerably more expensive (even when new) and less common.

Overall....
The price of admission sure isn't cheap.... but these Puma Gold's are really fantastic razors that leave NOTHING to be desired. If you can afford one.... you owe it to yourself to experience the luxury of a Puma Gold shave.... well.... at least once in your life :biggrin: :wink:

TO DISCUSS THIS REVIEW, PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD!

:smile:

Latest reviews

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Looks...
This is really a remarkably gorgeous razor, and an equally stellar shaver. Really an interesting look to it, with the "gold" colored scales, and the gold wash on the blade, and although it may look a bit "over the top" - it really works, and is a stunning razor to behold in person.

Gold Wash on blade...
displayimage.php

Puma Logo on scales....
displayimage.php

Quality...
Like all pumas, simply TOP notch fit and finish, and scary quality control standards. Everything fits PERFECT on this razor. You can't buy ANY new razor as wonderfully built as a minty puma.

The Shave....

Pumas have a reputation for being the BEST shavers out there. Well... i'm not going to argue that one. Sure.... there are razors that shave AS WELL, but you'd be REALLY hard pressed to find a razor that'll outshave a Puma Gold. At least in my opinion.... a Puma Gold puts a wonderedge, OR a good Thiers Issard to shame, as not only do they develop as fine and edge as the aformentioned, but they seem to hold it longer, and shave in a more rigid manner, and leave your face smoother/less irritated. Really a monster shaver.

Price....
Yikes... this is where it kills the deal. A good condition Puma Gold can run upwards of $400. Yeah.... really brutal. While I don't think they are "worth it" worth it - in that the raw materials and the razor itself should go for that princely sum - but I do feel you can't buy a better shaving razor for under $400.... so in that regard, as expensive as these may be.... they are "worth it" in the sense of tremendous performance and rareity. Most don't realize.... a Dubl Duck Wonderedge when sold new was neither rare, or expensive.... Pumas have always been considerably more expensive (even when new) and less common.

Overall....
The price of admission sure isn't cheap.... but these Puma Gold's are really fantastic razors that leave NOTHING to be desired. If you can afford one.... you owe it to yourself to experience the luxury of a Puma Gold shave.... well.... at least once in your life :biggrin: :wink:

TO DISCUSS THIS REVIEW, PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD!

:smile:
Price
2.00 star(s)
Lasting Edge
4.00 star(s)
Craftsmanship
4.00 star(s)
Easy to Sharpen
4.00 star(s)
Easy to Maintain
4.00 star(s)
Shaving Smoothness