What's new

4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser After Shave Lotion

Pros: The fresh scent
4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser aftershave has a very refreshing fern/woods scent. It will last most of the day.

It does help with razor burn, and offers a little moisturizing.

You feel very refreshed after using it.

Several online suppliers carry it, I have also found it in the German stores/delis (which carry a large variety of German products) in larger cities.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Good refreshing aftershave
Cons: Scent fades quickly
4711 is my go to scent during the spring and summer. The aftershave is an excellent product with a light citrus scent that fades to base notes rather quickly. It does a very good job of calming razor burn after the initial alcohol burn and moisturizes as well. If you are a 4711 aficionado, this aftershave is one that should be added to your collection.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: scent
The 4711 AS is my preferred alcohol based after shave, for when I’m not looking to make any impressions etc. and the weather outside is nice, sunny and summery. As an alcohol based after shave it does what it’s supposed to do: nothing more, nothing less - and as such, there are a number of alternatives on the market – better ones even – in the same price/quantity range. What separates 4711 from the rest – and there really is no more to it than this – it the scent which, albeit too short lived, is brilliant.

It’s great when used in a routine that includes other 4711-products besides the Eau de Cologne: The shower gel, the body lotion etc. since they all come together to make the scent stay a little longer.

Also if you are in Germany, look for combination offers at the 4711 sellers. You’ll usually get away with a full sized after shave, a soap or shower gel and a small bottle of EdC for EUR 12-14.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I managed to purchase this great aftershave for $4.79 a bottle from Amazon and I must say it was a great deal. A wonderfully citrus scented splash that leaves the skin easily refreshed, moisturized and smooth. Crisp and clean in scent and feel, this is an excellent summer splash. Though not extremely cooling it is very soothing and healing. Also the scent is a great combination of crisp classic citrus. Though not long lasting in strength it is very enjoyable while it's around.

Certainly recommended if you want a good healing splash with a soft citrus scent. If you can get it for the above mentioned price, make sure to get two, I did :thumbup1:.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
This is without a doubt my favorite after shave--and my g/f's. The smell is great. I've heard it compared to the smell of "Fruity Pebbles" cereal and I think it smells similar. So if you like Fruity Pebbles, you'll love this stuff. It's a great spring and summer after shave.

The smell isn't overpowering or obnoxious like many other after shaves. It is an after shave after all and not a cologne. Once applied it has nice citrus smell and quickly fades to lower notes and stays with you for a couple of hours.

4711 goes on well and doesn't dry your skin despite have a slight burn to it. I'm not sure whats in it, but it leaves your skin smooth, soft and feeling hydrated.

If you like it, 4711 is the kind of product that you will buy in bulk.

Oh a side note. I'm not a cologne guy and have never really liked after shaves, but I bought and tried this and I'm very happy with it.

A snip from the "Eau de Cologne" Wiki:
Composition
In a base of dilute ethanol (70-90%), Eau de Cologne contains a mixture of citrus oils including oils of lemon, orange, tangerine, bergamot, lime, grapefruit and neroli. It can also contain oils of lavender, rosemary, thyme, petitgrain (orange leaf), and jasmine.
I'm not sure if this is the same composition as the AS, but it sounds like it would be. This would explain the fruity smell.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
4711 AS is one of my go tos for warm/hot weather. It is bracing and refreshing at the same time. The light citrus scent fades after 20-30 mins, allowing for an EDT follow up. For the price 4711 can not be beat. It works especially well with DR Harris Arlington soap and cream as they are similarly scented. Overall an excellent value that should be present in every shave den.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
A surprisingly good after shave from one of the oldest fragrance companies. I find it works quite well, good and bracing due to the alcohol but it does settle down quickly. Leaves the nice, classic cologne scent for a short while which needs to be reinforced if you wish with the cologne. My face feels quite soft and refreshed when using this after shave. I would love to see them add an after shave balm to round out the collection. If you have dry skin you may need to add a bit of balm after this one.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
works great & it is cheap. the only thing is the scent goes away fast.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
It's a great aftershave but the only thing is that the smell is gone after 1 minute :bored:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
There is not much to say about 4711 so I'll keep it short. 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser after shave lotion does a great job at what it is supposed to do as an after shave lotion; it fights razor burn/red spots and it moisterizes the skin. It also leaves your face feeling refreshed and smelling like the classic 4711 scent. It comes in a 100ml glass bottle and I paid €7,00 for it in Germany. It's easy to find in Germany (Cologne area), harder to find outside of Germany, nonetheless a great product that I highly recommend.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)