What's new

25MM Superior Brushes "Super"

Item Description

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Superior Brushes for me at least, have been a “superior” letdown. They had so much good going for them… cool handles, fully customizable (handles), neat materials we hadn’t seen in the world of wetshaving – all in all cool brushes, made in America to boot! Seemed too good to be true, and to a certain extent is. There isn’t too much I have to say about these brushes other than it was the worst in the group as far as bristle quality and lather ability. I wouldn’t recommend these shaving brushes to anyone – period. At least in the case of a Plisson – you pay big $, but you get a brush that works well… these, you pay quite a bit of money for (this model runs $85 without shipping) and you get a brush that is inferior (performance wise) to brushes ½ its cost.

Bristle – the bristle on this brush is just horrible. Smells worse than any other hair I have experience, has a HUGE plastic plug in the knot to make the knot and quantity of badger hair appear to be much greater than it is (while it is a 25mm knot, it has as much hair as a 20mm should without the plug) which is evidenced by the feel of the plug when you lather, the ability to feel the plug when squeezing the base of the knot, and the “spikey” look of the bristles when both wet, and dried after the brush has been used (see pics below – notice the HUGE amount of space between the “spikes” of hair?) The badger hair is also obviously bleached and as a result the hair is left somewhat brittle. Feels bad against your face, and in my opinion is neither luxurious nor invigorating.

Handle – one word – outstanding. These handles are some of the best I have experienced, in terms of feel, finish, etc – just divine. Hmmm… one of these handles, with one of Plissons brush heads for $85 – and I’d buy 2!

Quality – First rate quality on the handle, and the general assembly of the brush – the head is straight, and affixed solidly, with no bristle loss, but again – the quality of the badger hair is among the worst I have ever seen.

Overall – This brush was a disappointment, as I liked the handle so very much but the badger hair is just awful. I could not, and would not recommend this brush, and further – would go as far as to say steer clear of these brushes, as at even ½ their current asking price, they would still provide a poor value – at least in my opinion. Writing this review troubles me however, as Matt & Randy (they own/run Superior Brushes) are outstanding fellows, and first rate gentlemen.

To discuss this review - please use THIS thread!

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Latest reviews

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Superior Brushes for me at least, have been a “superior” letdown. They had so much good going for them… cool handles, fully customizable (handles), neat materials we hadn’t seen in the world of wetshaving – all in all cool brushes, made in America to boot! Seemed too good to be true, and to a certain extent is. There isn’t too much I have to say about these brushes other than it was the worst in the group as far as bristle quality and lather ability. I wouldn’t recommend these shaving brushes to anyone – period. At least in the case of a Plisson – you pay big $, but you get a brush that works well… these, you pay quite a bit of money for (this model runs $85 without shipping) and you get a brush that is inferior (performance wise) to brushes ½ its cost.

Bristle – the bristle on this brush is just horrible. Smells worse than any other hair I have experience, has a HUGE plastic plug in the knot to make the knot and quantity of badger hair appear to be much greater than it is (while it is a 25mm knot, it has as much hair as a 20mm should without the plug) which is evidenced by the feel of the plug when you lather, the ability to feel the plug when squeezing the base of the knot, and the “spikey” look of the bristles when both wet, and dried after the brush has been used (see pics below – notice the HUGE amount of space between the “spikes” of hair?) The badger hair is also obviously bleached and as a result the hair is left somewhat brittle. Feels bad against your face, and in my opinion is neither luxurious nor invigorating.

Handle – one word – outstanding. These handles are some of the best I have experienced, in terms of feel, finish, etc – just divine. Hmmm… one of these handles, with one of Plissons brush heads for $85 – and I’d buy 2!

Quality – First rate quality on the handle, and the general assembly of the brush – the head is straight, and affixed solidly, with no bristle loss, but again – the quality of the badger hair is among the worst I have ever seen.

Overall – This brush was a disappointment, as I liked the handle so very much but the badger hair is just awful. I could not, and would not recommend this brush, and further – would go as far as to say steer clear of these brushes, as at even ½ their current asking price, they would still provide a poor value – at least in my opinion. Writing this review troubles me however, as Matt & Randy (they own/run Superior Brushes) are outstanding fellows, and first rate gentlemen.

To discuss this review - please use THIS thread!

displayimage.php

displayimage.php
Price
1.00 star(s)
Density
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)