What's new

20C

Pros: Excellent Grip, Solid Construction, Excellent Shave
Cons: N/A
I purchased this razor through Amazon as my second wet-shave razor. Having previously used a cheaper razor to test the waters, this was my first foray into a quality, long term razor.

Out of the box, I was impressed by the solid constrution, balance, and weight of the razor. This particular long handled version with a good barber-pole rubber grip is extremely easy to hold and control. Even with the standard Merkur blade, my shave was close and comfortable even as a beginner.

Overall, I specifically recommend this razor to new wet-shavers as the longer handle and solid grip are especially condusvie to those making the transition from larger cartridge handles. That being said, I believe experienced shavers looking for an specific asthetic or a high value razor will also love the Merkur 20C.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice clean modern looking, Not too Aggressive
Cons: Handle a bit too narrow for big paws
The 20C is my first DE razor upon returning to DE shaving is a good get reacquainted or start up razor. For me it is a forgiving and smooth shave. I like the long handle and if holding towards the end puts enough leverage and weight on the head for a good close shave, otherwise it's a fairly light weight razor. The handle is a very tough rubber and is easy to grip even with wet soapy hands. I gave the grip an 8 instead of a 10 because I wish the grip was thicker as I have large hands. It appears very well made. The finish is very nice and blades settle in quite evenly. It came with a Merkur blade which I suggest just putting into a drawer and using another blade such as a Crystal. I would highly recommend this razor to a beginner or someone who does not like aggressive razors.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
2.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Smooth, nicely balanced, and a great grip
I was able to get an advance sample of this new Merkur model from 1Barber in Belgium. I understand that Phil (Bullgoose) is due to get them in soon... and I'll be getting another one when he does!

After shaving with it tonight for the first time, I emerged from the bathroom and told my wife that I thought I had found something that went splendidly near "the perfect razor."

Lighter than the Barberpoles, with a beaut non-slip gunmetal handle, this handled a two-day growth effortlessly - and I was using the Merkur blade that came with it!

I have the long-handled model which is my preference, but it does come in a shorter version.

Excellent fit 'n' finish. Great value for money.

Shaves as good or better than the Muhle safety bar razors, and closer than the great (but costly) Feather SS.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)