What's new

Item Description

Price = relatively cheap
Quality = Ok
Aggressiveness = Not very. A bit more aggressive than a Gillette Tech.

Grip, User Friendly, Ease of Blade Replacement = Good: The 1904 is nice to look thanks to its ornamental handle. Bad: Unfortunately the metal they chose for the handle is too light. The ornamentation is too smooth thanks to the polished chrome finish, its on the slippery side of things. The handle also has a big round knob at the end which you want to grab on to to change blades but can't. Blade changing would be a breeze if that little knob was only faceted so that you can maintain a grip on it. As it stands if you want to replace the blade better use a towel and dry hands.

Recap = Light, pretty, klutzy, can't grab its big knob. Translation, the 1904 is the Jessica Simpson of razors.

proxy.php

Latest reviews

Pros: Beautiful design, smooth shaver, mild.
Cons: Very mild
This is a great razor. I didn't give it a "10," because I compare this razor to a Feather AS-D2 as far as performance goes. I disagree with those that claim it's difficult to hold and being "too slippery" in one's hand. With thick lather all over my hand and handle, it's not a problem at all to use this razor. The octagonal handle is awesome! It's no longer nickel plated from the factory, but now chrome plated, which is fine by me. I do wish it was a bit more aggressive when shaving my beard off however. I knew it would be a mild shave based on numerous reviews, I just wasn't expecting it to be that mild. It's so mild in fact, that a beginner could use this and probably will never cut him or herself with it. Don't use this if you're expecting an aggressive shave. In that case, use the Merkur 37c (slant) or a Muhle R41 (the "King" of aggressive razors). I also disagree that the handle is "too light weight." Hogwash, it's nice and weighted perfectly and a well balanced tool. The handle is also the exact same length as the 34C and 37C. Again, I don't see where the complaints are coming r guarding the handle being "too short." It's DEFINATELY worthy to add to one's shave den collection. I use mine as a travel razor. This thing will never give you razor burn, unless you really press it against your skin with some force. It will always provide a DFS but, if you want BBS, you'll have to buffer the blade against your skin or use more than three passes plus some pressure. Again though, it's a great razor to have. I love it.
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
2.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
2.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice looking, open comb razor, inexpensive.
Cons: Too mild, simply not a well designed razor.
Overrated, sorry I bought it. Looks great don't shave well.
Grip
1.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
0.00 star(s)
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Overall light, aesthetically pleasing, price is good for a starter.
Cons: Shave is not aggressive, blade is tricky to replace, top heavy.
Initial impression: This razor looks damn good. Pleasantly styled and shiny.

First use: This was my first DE razor so the initial impression is null and void to a returning user. For a first timer, it's good. The shave is safe and glides well. Soap/cream and hairs can get trapped between the razor and the blade. Even after rinsing. Unbalanced so it takes time getting the angle right.

After many uses: This razor was a great first razor but it's time to leave the nest.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
0.00 star(s)
1.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
brooklynlou
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
1.68 star(s) 19 ratings

More in Safety Razors (Reviews)

More from brooklynlou

• eShave Citrus shave cream
    eShave makes a great shaving cream. The stuff lathers up well and...
  • Bogart by Jaques Bogart
    Bogart by Jaques Bogart Think of Bogart as the less affluent but...
  • Bogart Por Homme
    I've been dipping into the wonderful world of high-end samples /...
  • Schick Krona
    Price = The Schick Double Edged Razor (later marketed as the 'Krona')...
  • Lux DE
    I saw this advertised on ebay as "GILLETTE TECH. Exact replica: Razor...
Top Bottom