What's new

180/23c

Pros: lightweight and handy
Cons: not yet found
I rated only 8 because I don't have enough experience. However I purchased it because the first DE razor I bought couldn't allow me to center the blade. This inconvenience caused me a couple of cuts.
After that I purchased the Merkur 23 C and I found it excellent. Litweight, handy...I feel proud of it and it allowed me to use happily a DE razor! When I put the blade into it is perfectly centered!
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Great starter razor, love the grip and control
Pros : Simple to use and loved the grip. This is my first DE razor. I used a fusion cartridge before and I like the feel and control of this a lot better. Taking a bit to get used to the different technique needed to shave. A little more practice and I am sure I will never go back to the fusion again.

Cons: still learning a lot, so other than no ability to adjust anything, I like it a lot.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Smooth
I have the slant 37c and this. I find this one to be much more smooth and is an every day shaver for me. I love it, using with the Astra SP blades, it's a great smooth experience.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
4.00 star(s)
Pros: solid construciton, great grip, balanced razor placement
Cons: one-size-fits-all adjustment
I like this razor a lot! I have been shaving with it for two weeks and I am ready to throw away my Merkur Vision. This razor has a very hefty, solidy feel to it and it is engineered to near perfection. The blade placement is excellently balanced so both sides of the DE blad cut evenly. The textured grip makes it super-easy to hold. This is the only razor I have ever been able to go against the grain with more than two days in a row. I love the shave it gives me and my wife likes how smooth it leaves my cheeks. No nicks after two weeks!

Price - not bad at all. I paid $28.
Quality - nearly perfect. This is a quality instrument.
User Friendly - once you have the blade in place, there really isn't much you can do to mess up.
Grip - wonderful, very easy to hold onto.
Ease of Blade Replacement - watch out, or you are going to get a cut. This is my only gripe about the 180- it's awkward to change a blade.
Aggressiveness - this razor is gentle as a kitten,
Balance - very nice.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Good Average Shave
Cons: Finish
The knurling provides good grip. Finish could be a little better. The length is great if you have big hands.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
5.00 star(s)
Pros: great weight and balance. Easy to grip.
First DE razor I bought. Love the weight and feel of this thing. I've since tried an old gillette (gave it to my brother after) which much milder shave for me. Might have been that it was lighter than the merkur and I didn't adjust properly.The plating over brass looks fantastic. It has survived a couple drops in the sink, and hitting the sink when I was shaking off some water, without leaving any marks on the razor. Can't imagine ever gettting rid of this thing.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)