12705 Peleón Horse Hair Shaving Brush, Red Handle

Pros: It works fine, altho not as well as my synthetic or badger
No funk, as others have noted
Price and value ... ok ... if one wants to try a horse-hair
Lathers fine
Cons: Handle a bit small, doesn't "fit" so well with a lather bowl
Some hairs seem to get wild quickly
Any more would be ... splitting hairs.
It's a decent brush, provides a fair priced alternative in horse-hair. The handle seems small and short. Makes it a bit awkward for hanging on my rack, and lathering using a scuttle or bowl. And consequently, I'd probably not purchase again, but that is not meant as negative. Rather, just not a favorite among my brushes. Visually it is not particularly eye-catching. It's functional. Shop price with this purchase. Was $8 less at Walmart than most of the other sellers.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Pros: not to expensive
Cons: handle looks nice but has mold seams no attention to detail was taken the knot was trimmed and is very uneven if this was a chinese brush it would have been totally panned.
not worth the price paid compared to chinese brushes
Price
2.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
1.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Pros: backbone, loft
Cons: funk
To date I've not used a synthetic that matches natural hair. I'm most comfortable using my Silvertip or Best badger brushes. This is about on par with my Black Badger brush as far as backbone and feel. A tad scratchy, but not bad. This has produced great lather with Arko and Williams. My only complaint is the horse smell. It's very different from badger funk, not quite as rodent smelling, more like a farm or stable scent. But it's very strong. I've tried all sorts of methods to remove the funk and it's dropped in intensity about 50% but it's still there.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)