What's new

11C (Open Comb)

Item Description

11C as the short handle version and 12C is the long handle version, same head.

Latest reviews

Pros: Was used and cheap off the Bay
Cons: Was hard to get hold of as now production stopped
I'm pretty slow to the 11c. Never though an OC could be this mild and yet so close and comfortable. Mine was from the Bay so dirt cheap. Why Merkur stopped making the 11c God only knows. It looks good, feels good and shave very, very, well. Paired with an Astra SP it gives close shaves with no problems.It's a 2 piece so blade chances are kids play.

If you aint got one and can find one get it.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
2.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Heavy and well Balanced
Cons: Boring and NOT Aggressive
There are a lot of people giving this razor a great review stating that it was an aggressive razor. I was in the market for a more aggressive razor but thought that the R41 might be a little too aggressive – so I ordered the 11C.Aggressive? For me this is one mild razor. Terribly so actually. I have been shaving with it for over three weeks and have even loosened the head hoping for a closer shave – to no avail. I think I know a college kid who may get some utility from it. I hear the co. has been having some QC problems, and that may be the case here with so many claiming its aggressive nature and me finding it incredibly passive. That said, it was still my $50ish bucks that I’ll never get back. I don’t think I’ll be getting another Merk!
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
1.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
This is my second DE razor with my first being the Weishi. The Weishi requires much more pressure than the 11C so my first shaves were pretty gnarly, but after a few weeks I've learned better technique and my shaves are great. The handle's fine gnurl works well and it's the weight distribution is good. I really don't see anything wrong with this razor, except that it's not adjustable.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)