What's new

Post Your Wish List of Guns: Preferably in Order of Desire

Korth Mongoose .357

My uncle worked on a Korth for someone once. The tolerances were so tight that an unburnt grain of powder had fouled the works and it wouldn't function. I'm a machinist...I like tight tolerances when they make sense. Tolerances that tight don't make sense.

My uncle worked on a Korth for someone once. The tolerances were so tight that an unburnt grain of powder had fouled the works and it wouldn't function. I'm a machinist...I like tight tolerances when they make sense. Tolerances that tight don't make sense.

Wow! That's just crazy. I had always heard that they were over-engineered.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

I always thought that the machined scoops in the old black powder revolver frames were made to allow for the powder residue build up. Korth is a great quality, but that kinda reminds me of what I've heard about the old Merwin & Hulbert revolvers. Excellent machining quality, but tolerances were so tight that they would bind up with the old black powder rounds of the time fouling things up. The vacuum idea was neat though.

I have all the guns I truly need. Now for want, I would not mind one of the Korth revolvers, just for the quality, but will never pay the price.

My grail gun would be a single shot, probably built on a Win 1885 action in a Shutzen style, with hook buttplate, big cheekpiece fitted to me for positive cheek weld to align my eyes with the tang sights, front palm rest. Caliber should be 32-40 or possibly a 32 straight wall case, strictly for 100-200 yard offhand shooting. Real old school for the kind of shooting that was popular in the late 1800's -early 1900's.

About 30 years ago we took a vacation up in the Ozarks and hit Silver Dollar city one day and they had an old gun shop on the grounds. On display was a similar rifle, but a muzzle loading caplock rifle with false muzzle for positive bullet alignment, beautiful stock. I asked if I could handle it and was told to go ahead. I shouldered it and the 'smith commented that I knew how to hold it and I told him I had been on a smallbore rifle team in college. He said very few people came in and knew how a gun like that was meant to be held.

Just one more 9mm micro compact in the near term. When I move rural Southern Colorado or Northern New Mexico... .45-70 Lever and another 12ga pump. Otherwise, I'm just about done!

Just a couple of items that I wish I had access to; some aren't possible because of where I live, most aren't possible because of limits to disposable income.....

Handguns:
* Bond BullPup9
* Coonan .357 with a satin finish
* Nighthawk Custom Browning Hi Power
* Chiappa Rhino 40DS (nickel)
* Dan Wesson Bruin Bronze 10mm

Long guns:
* 1887 Lever action shotgun 12g / 22 in barrel (Chiappa or Taylor & Co)
* Marlin 45-70 Govt 1895SBL (totally irrational want)

Top half probably won't happen lol

Sturmgewehr 44
Fg 42
M1 carbine
A 50 cal bolt (any)
223 bolt (probably cabelas savage 12FV )
Cz 75 based pistol (not decided)
S&w 19 actually prefer a new one
S&w 63
Naa 22 derringer ( ranger or sidewinder)

FG42 repro, I concur. Been on my lust list for 10 years... at least.

Finnish Mosin-Nagant biathlon rifle (I still get the drools).

proxy.php

The rest aren't a big list and all subject to whim removal except the SSG-82 -

Lee Vertical-Action carbine or rifle, a fantasy due to price, more so than an FG42.

SSG-82 5.45x39 Berlin Wall gun (missed my chance a decade back, could still happen.)

Any VG+EX Swiss Vetterli center-fire conversion (might happen).

Polytech or Norinco "Legend" grade milled receiver AK47

M76 8mm Yugo AK47

Colt Lawman MKIII .357 (never owned a Colt revolver)

Colt MKIV Series 70 .45ACP (never owned a 1911)

Desert Eagle .357 (My son has to have one so I can scratch that itch vicariously.)

Something cheap but fun like a PA-63 or P64 in 9x18mm.

Same w/ 7.62x25mm but in a Yugo M57.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
FG42 repro, I concur. Been on my lust list for 10 years... at least.

Finnish Mosin-Nagant biathlon rifle (I still get the drools).

proxy.php

The rest aren't a big list and all subject to whim removal except the SSG-82 -

Lee Vertical-Action carbine or rifle, a fantasy due to price, more so than an FG42.

SSG-82 5.45x39 Berlin Wall gun (missed my chance a decade back, could still happen.)

Any VG+EX Swiss Vetterli center-fire conversion (might happen).

Polytech or Norinco "Legend" grade milled receiver AK47

M76 8mm Yugo AK47

Colt Lawman MKIII .357 (never owned a Colt revolver)

Colt MKIV Series 70 .45ACP (never owned a 1911)

Desert Eagle .357 (My son has to have one so I can scratch that itch vicariously.)

Something cheap but fun like a PA-63 or P64 in 9x18mm.

Same w/ 7.62x25mm but in a Yugo M57.

Nice list. Didn't know, Desert Eagle chambered one in .357. .357 Sig? or the .357?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Just a couple of items that I wish I had access to; some aren't possible because of where I live, most aren't possible because of limits to disposable income.....

Handguns:
* Bond BullPup9
* Coonan .357 with a satin finish
* Nighthawk Custom Browning Hi Power
* Chiappa Rhino 40DS (nickel)
* Dan Wesson Bruin Bronze 10mm

Long guns:
* 1887 Lever action shotgun 12g / 22 in barrel (Chiappa or Taylor & Co)
* Marlin 45-70 Govt 1895SBL (totally irrational want)

Same here, but this is the third or fourth post now I've seen with this rifle. Just something about that rifle and that caliber, isn't it? :)

Nice list. Didn't know, Desert Eagle chambered one in .357. .357 Sig? or the .357?

.357 Magnum. The Eagles (at least around me) seem to pop up at fun shows more often than the Coonan's in the same caliber. The Coonan is a bit smaller than the Eagle too but not by much. Each is still a big gun to handle.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I keep trying to post a list. I can’t. My head might explode if iI try anymore.

I think I just need more time to shoot what I have!!

Great guns so far! Enjoying the thread.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
SiG P365
SiG P365
SiG P365
SiG P365
SiG P365
SiG P365
SiG P365
SiG P365
SiG P365
SiG P365
SiG P365
SiG P365

AA

I've been trying to figure out how I could become the owner of a CZ P10c. I want a full size pistol and this one seems to be a great value proposition that gets great reviews from almost everybody.
I have a CZ P-01 that I like a lot (just wish the slide was a little easier to manipulate).

Any CZ P10 owners here? How do you like yours?

Top Bottom