What's new

Best new shave soap

Hi Everyone,

I am getting back into shaving and was wondering what new soaps is everyone excited about?

Thanks,
Jhire70

I'd suggest looking in the What's the Best of the Best thread. There's another that asks for peoples' top 5 shave soaps. You'll find a lot of great soap listed there.

Phoenix and Beau Spitfire

proxy.php

Amazing aroma and lather, tallow based, but you need to bloom it (basically put a layer of hot water over the soap for a few minutes, while you have a shower or whatever, which you can then use as a pre shave with).

Spitfire Tallow Shaving Soap

There's a bunch of really amazing soaps out now. By no means exhaustive but some of the prominent ones are:
-B&M Reserve
-Arianna & Evans
-Wholly Kaw
-Declaration Grooming
-Grooming Department
-Tallow & Steel
-Talbat Shaving
-CBL Soaps
-Lisa's Natural
-Shannon's Soaps
-WSP Formula T
-Noble Otter
-Midnight & Two
-Mike's Natural
-Wickham Soaps
-Stirling
-etc.......

Really great choices abound for those just getting in or coming back to traditional wet shaving!

Last edited:
1.Barrister &Mann Excelsior or Reserve base
2. Any of Grooming Department new releases
3. Declaration Grooming Icarus Base
4. Saponificio Varesino 4.3 base
5. Wholly Kaw Buffalo tallow base
6. Ariana &Evans (personally never tried but many good reviews so far)

Of course there's the classic stuff too that is still really good: Tabac, Haslinger, Mitchells Wool Fat, Cella, D.R. Harris, ect....

Of course there's the classic stuff too that is still really good: Tabac, Haslinger, Mitchells Wool Fat, Cella, D.R. Harris, ect....

I was about to post the same thing.

Since OP has come back to traditional shaving, may as well start with the classics of traditional shaving!

If I were to start from scratch, only buying what’s readily available, these would be my first 5:

Barrister’s Reserve Spice
Barrister’s Reserve Cool
Turtleship Lime
WSP Bay Rum
Wholly Kaw Pompelmo

A fairly new entry into the artisan soap market is CBL Premium Soaps. IMHO, it is the best soap currently on the market, bar none.

I am just finishing up a soap review that I hope to publish in the next few weeks. After a long new-soap sabbatical I recently purchased soaps from Declaration (Icarus), Wholly Kaw, The Sudsy Soapery, A&E, CRSW(Select) and Oleo. I am not ready to give away my findings but I don't think that Oleo has been mentioned yet in this tread and, in my opinion, it definitely deserves high praise.

The absolute best soap there is? The soap you spent the time to learn how to really use will yield the best shave. Combine that with the razor you’ve spent the time with to really know and you’re golden. Nobody can pick what’s best for you, everything is good.

Reading this post reminds me why I bought and tried so many soaps within my first year already. Samples can be a good way to try a lot of soaps without getting a full tub.

Top Bottom