What's new

DE's with the most feedback (blade feel and sound)?

If you want blade feel and lots of noise, use a straight razor held perpendicular to your face. I am not sure what you are looking for, but as mentioned before, blade feel and sound are often times indicators of scraping your beard instead of shaving.

I also recommend the Blackland Dart it has definite blade feel and you can get some audible feedback, I prefer it over the Blackbird

Thanks for all the awesome suggestions guys!

I've definitely going for more of a singing type thing than some sort of ugly scraping noise. The shaving sounds I get currently are most likely not from just scraping my face up given that I tend to have minimum if any irritation and have pretty good shaves overall.

That said, I like the Dart suggestions, that and the Blackbird were both razors I have been interested in for a while now so good to hear that about it. Interesting about all the ATT recommendations as well, haven't heard that before about them but they are another brand on my "to try" list. I'm seeing a couple different recommendations for them as well so it seems to be fairly across the board in that it doesn't really matter which plate you are using for them, maybe just the design and style of the razor leads to the sound/feel.

Muhle I haven't checked out in a long time after I got in a few too many fights with a 2011 R41 a number of years back. May consider giving that Rocca a try....if it's less of a beast....

Never been a fan of the twist dial adjustable razors but I do appreciate the suggestions of those :)

great thread!

my merkur vision has good sounds, perhaps due to the large razor chamber.
at same time, it's one of my most aggressive DE's.

coates almond dovo merkur vision gillette nacet taylor of old bond st james april 18 2018.jpg

Top Bottom