What's new

Which TV/Youtube cooking personalities do you like, which ones do you loathe

I agree heartily with TexLaw's list, Pepin is my all time favourite because he makes elegant cooking look so easy, and is always honest with the home cook.

YouTube seems to be fairly neglected in this thread, so I will comment on that media.

Favourites:

Binging With Babish - The original show has a cool premise, making recipes from shows/movies. Babish has since expanded to a "Basics" line, which focuses on cooking techniques, which is a well done show. The show is humorous, educational, and utilizes some of the best camerawork I've seen on YouTube.

Alex French Guy Cooking - A pretty interesting show for the gourmet foodie who's interested in tinkering around in the kitchen to make improvements to tools and cooking processes.

Life of Boris - While not exclusively a cooking channel (his computer game vids are to be avoided) he has a lot of great videos focused on Russian cooking. He is definitely a comedian, but his recipes are authentic and serious.

Sorted - Some of their videos are very well done, but some focus on overly trendy recipes that seem like they're being made just to get subscriptions. Overall a good channel though.

FoodWishes - The original classic, with hundreds of reliable recipes.

Munchies - I like Munchies as a channel because it focuses on a wide range of foods, cooking styles, and hosts. Some hosts are certainly better than others, and it can be a real grab bag, but in general the videos are good. I always enjoy Matty Matheson's recipes, and Action Bronson's tours of France and other areas are some of the best foodie travel videos ever made. I have a dark secret appreciation of the Fat Prince vids, but I know that 99% of people hate them due to their immaturity :p

Top Bottom