What's new

The Underappreciated Schick Krona

Bump for the Krona. Pulled mine out from storage and gave it a shave. Haven't used mine in a long time, forgot how little blade feel there is. DFS in a quick two pass, smooth irritation free shave.

This was my first razor. It belonged to my grandfather and I cut myself quite a bit. When I hear someone say it mild, I have to laugh because it wasn't when I was 14.

Now I have two Krona in near mint condition as a tribute to my grandfather and my first. One is a rare grey handle Eversharp and one in the black handle. Both are from the first generation short, chrome, TTO.

Agree what a underated razor. Today I pulled her out to get reacquainted. She made a strong case to supplant one of my 6 rotation razors. I somehow forgot how really good a razor the Krona is. The longer handle would also make this a great choice for the ladies - although not a spiffy looking as the Lady Gillette.

IMG_9537.JPG

It might sound like I'm damning the Krona with faint praise, but I have a few razors that I like a bit better. But as a travel razor, the Krona is a great pick - mild, easy to use, and downright inexpensive.

I've been taking weekends off, using the Fatip Grande on Mondays to blaze thru weekend growth, then switch over to my Kronas Tuesday thru Friday. This time of year with the dry cold weather I go one pass , touch up,then top off with a balm, Kronas are my go to.
krona1.jpg

received_311643162784832.jpeg

Grabbed the Krona again for shave two today. Really dialed it in with a slow 3 pass shave. Easy BBS, why do I not use this fantastic razor more?

It's great to see so much love for my first razor. Thanks for the photos. The gold Krona is very nice to see. Not many is captivity.

Looking for a Krona online, it appears from the photos that they are more prone to plating loss than other vintage razors. Has anyone else seen this?

Looking for a Krona online, it appears from the photos that they are more prone to plating loss than other vintage razors. Has anyone else seen this?
I have been using a krona on and off for about 9 years, no plating loss whatsoever. I just shaved with it about 20 minutes ago great shave, I think it’s a little better than my 1948-49 Gillette super speed jmo

Not a big Krona fan. I find it to be too mild and it requires a more upright shaving angle, i.e., riding the bar. I can get a good shave with it but I have to work at it.

Top Bottom