What's new

Very nice cream...

Just got this in today. Very nice scent! I don't think I'm done with Truefitt & Hill.

This is the softest cream I ever had. How do you guys load such a soft cream?

Thanks!

Stephen

asfunnamed.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I lather creams in a shaving lather bowl when I use them. You you could try either a shaving bowl or a shaving mug this might help in the lathering process.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Normally an almond sized dollop should do the trick. This is the fun part about experimenting to see how much you need and how much you like. I have found some creams in the past hardly need any product to lather up and some have taken four times as much to make a lather.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Your welcome, let us know how you get on and how much that you needed to make a usable lather. As I mentioned for me a an almond size dollop/portion seems to work fine. You may like a little more or a little less but almond size to me is a good starting point.

Just used this -- such a goody.

1) I just scoop about a pea-sized amount w/ fingertip.
2) Press and spread it along the bottom of the bowl. If you leave it as a clump, you might get a chunk of two even after mixing w/ water.
3) I've made the mistake of adding too much water so I add water slowly now.

I have this wonderful cream and I face lather with it. The same moderate amount on your chin and just work it in on face. This usually gives me enough for two solid passes. Always good to start at the chin as that is for me, the toughest beard hairs on my face! I have never found that a bowl lather is better than a face lather for a cream - although I do admit there is something therapeutic about the bowl-lathering process!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I load it directly from the tub. After some shaves, if you let the lid open to help evaporate humidity everytime, the cream will become harder and will be much more natural to load it from the tub than it seems when it's brand new.

Addendum: This is the consistency it gets:
th.JPG

Don't pay too much attention to the colour. In reality it's silvery white, but i am not good photographer.

Last edited:
I have a bowl. How much do you scoop out?

That amount depends on your brush (bigger brushes require more), on how many passes you make and how dense/thick lather you prefer. You will have to see for yourself ultimately.

As a general rule, i have noticed, that in my case, a normal quantity for creams, is 2ml or more. 1 ml is about 1 cubic centimeter. So try to imagine a cube with 1cm per side and take out 2 such cubes. Or just don't care about it and load directly from the tub!

Does it have a scent?

I am very bad at scents too, but it's certainly citrousy, but in a freshening way. It's a sort of joyful citrus. And it's cologne-like. Not just plain fruity citrus.

Soak the brush, shower etc. Shake out brush, dip the tips of it into the cream and face lather.

I lather pretty much everything on my face, i find it gives me the best results. Even creams that come in a tube i put into a tupperware pot.

I soak the brush for a couple of minutes in warm water, shake it half a dozen times or so, spread about 1/2 a teaspoon of this cream on the brush and face lather. There’s plenty of soft, rich lather.

I like this one also; mine has settled into a harder "croap" consistency. For a soft cream, I just dip the brush tips in gently, and add if needed. I find that most creams give me a really good 2+ pass lather with a small amount.

The T&H 1805 is a fantastic cream. Also bad at describing scents but yes Oceanic/Aqua cologne smell, very pleasant.

Their Ultimate comfort cream is also very good.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have T&H lime and am literally shocked at how little product i need ... I face lather with it.

One of my favorites, has been for a long time now.

In my opinion, using bowl is overkill for this cream. Just scoop "almond size" sample from the tub and face lather, it works amazing and it's incredibly easy to lather.

Top Bottom