What's new

Been too long 1949 Aristocrat Jr.

I’ve neglected what is one of my least attractive razors for far too long until today. She’s a little haggard and may have seen better days but shaves like a fine new razor. I said that I am typically not a fan of TTO razors but every time I shave with this one I change my mind. I prefer this razor over the Red Tip razor, just a smoother feel with no chatter and perfectly weighted.
24469000-1691-4B87-AEFD-6E3F03DFFA1D.jpeg
04D66358-B426-4338-9A48-71E902C0187D.jpeg
438098D2-DE57-4A92-8C4F-D68B6CDC3AE3.jpeg
AA9DAF98-C174-49B8-AC9B-CB9E5935E7DF.jpeg

This might not be the most attractive razor around, but it shaves more smoothly than just about every Gillette razor ever made. The butterfly construction makes it one of the most convenient. This comes close to being my "desert island" razor.

One of my all time favourites. Got one for next to nothing at an antique shop. Definitely user grade. Loved it so much that I acquired a like-new one which I take out from time to admire while I contemplate replating the first one.

Great to rediscover something rather than shell out on something new. I have the same Razor. Gives superb results every time.

Glad to see that others feel the same about this razor and the quality of its shave regardless of its paltry facade.
This all stemmed from me wanting to thin out my razor collection but deciding to make the decision based on a final shave. My beautiful looking Red Tip was sent for readoption after one of these final shaves. Changed my mind post shave on this Aristocrat Jr. regardless of its humble looks it became a keeper and changed my mind on TTO's.

Top Bottom