What's new

Super excited ..... Timeless Bronze is on the way !

My 63 year birthday is coming up next week, and my Mom wants to buy me a special gift.
(by the way, she is 90, incredibly healthy and active, and loves fine dining, great cocktails,
and sublime wines. She's also a computer genius, and can handle an iPhone 8 Plus better
than anyone I know !) So, I've had my eyes on the Timeless Bronze Straight Bar for quite
a while, and my Mom says "Hey, Go for it ! it's my pleasure." I promptly called Timeless
and spoke with Matt (a really nice guy) and after I told him about my current favorite set-ups
(Merkur 34C w/ Israeli Red Personna, Edwin Jagger w/ Feather, and Rockwell 6C - plate 4 w/
Nacet) he assured me that the Timeless Bronze with a Feather should give me the perfect shave.
I immediately ordered it, along with the matching bronze stand.
So, my dear B&B friends ..... I am so excited about this, and I feel like a little kid once again !
I simply want to share my happiness with you fine gents, and I'll post again after a few shaves.
Best wishes to all of you for a holiday season filled with health, happiness, and humor !

Last edited:
Congrats brother, it is a beautiful, well built razor. I have a 95 OC in stainless but bought my sons the SB Bronze for that time when they begin shaving. I only shaved once with the first razor I received to evaluate it. I used a Kai blade but didn’t try Feather.

Let me tell you, I was very tempted to sell my 95 and get one for myself. No learning curve, just rode the cap like shaving with my Tech and got a one pass BBS shave. Only my Fendrihan Mark II will do that for me. This was also just the first shave. Don’t let that smaller gap fool you, it is extremely efficient.

If you want it to patina, leave it be. If I ever got one myself, I’d keep it polished, it is beautiful. I’d avoid the chemical polishes. I read up on what professionals do and most use home made pastes that contain ingredients like flour. Google searches will provide the ingredients, basic stuff. I intend on doing this for their razors and following up with Renaissance Wax to keep them patina free for about a decade in the box for my boys.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
It is, without a doubt, a piece of art. Enjoy it in good health! Congratulations. Every time I use mine, I feel like it could be my only razor.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Tell your mom hello for me. My wonderful mom is nearly 85, has less grey hair than me, and twice as tough.

And happy birthday my friend.

Congratulations & Happy Birthday! The Timeless is a beautiful razor, I wish you many years of wonderful shaves with it.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Congratulations on the groovy mom and the razor. Can't wait to see the photo's when you receive it.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Congrats on that one, for sure.

Bronze: beloved by Homer's warriors, may it smite your stubble with the authority of Zeus!

AA

You'll love it - probably one of my most efficient razors! As others noted, pay no attention to the blade gap - it's not an over-mild razor, and fairly hefty (4.4 oz compared to their SS at 4.6 oz), so you'll need to pay attention at first, but it will reward you.

I’ve been using the .78 bronze open comb all week. I also use the .95 stainless open comb, but the bronze seems to give me shaves that are as close, with a completely different blade feel. And the bronze is beautiful—you should be very happy!

Again, a heartfelt "Thank You" to all you fine gents.
For those of you who are using the Timeless Bronze, ..... what are your favorite blades with this razor ?
My top blades right now are Feather, Gillette Nacet, and Israeli Red Personna, so those are the ones that
I'll obviously try first in my new Timeless Bronze. From what Matt and I have discussed, I should be quite
happy with the Feather, but I'm looking forward to your ideas for the "perfect blade" for the Bronze.

My 63 year birthday is coming up next week, and my Mom wants to buy me a special gift.
(by the way, she is 90, incredibly healthy and active, and loves fine dining, great cocktails,
and sublime wines. She's also a computer genius, and can handle an iPhone 8 Plus better
than anyone I know !) So, I've had my eyes on the Timeless Bronze Straight Bar for quite
a while, and my Mom says "Hey, Go for it ! it's my pleasure." I promptly called Timeless
and spoke with Matt (a really nice guy) and after I told him about my current favorite set-ups
(Merkur 34C w/ Israeli Red Personna, Edwin Jagger w/ Feather, and Rockwell 6C - plate 4 w/
Nacet) he assured me that the Timeless Bronze with a Feather should give me the perfect shave.
I immediately ordered it, along with the matching bronze stand.
So, my dear B&B friends ..... I am so excited about this, and I feel like a little kid once again !
I simply want to share my happiness with you fine gents, and I'll post again after a few shaves.
Best wishes to all of you for a holiday season filled with health, happiness, and humor !

Happy birthday and congratulations. As we get older it is so much easier to appreciate the simple acts of goodness that lead to great memories. Enjoy the razor and enjoy the good feeling of knowing where it came from. (I just ordered the 2019 limited edition Rudy Vey brush for my 90 year old father.)

I've found the Bronze will give me a good shave with blades that would be, let's say, less than satisfactory in other razors - Derby for example. Blades that have performed very well for me include Astra, GSB, Polsilver and Personna, but it really seems to even out differences and any blade I've tried seems to work well - I suspect the rigidity of the head/blade combo improves performance because the Timeless really snugs the blade in firmly and consistently.

I saw this thread which made me curious and interested.
Went to Timeless website and looked up the Bronze razor.
Placed order for 2 sets of straight bar Bronze razor with stand.
I'm hoping the razors will be delivered before Christmas.

Top Bottom