What's new

What's Cooking 2018?

A ton of great looking dishes everyone!

Tonight a couple Indian inspired dishes, one from the grill and one stovetop with an arborio rice pudding to finish.

Potato/chickpea curry ad lib, tandoori chicken thighs done on the 'Kettle' and garlic naan bread which i get at the farmer's market.

Rice pudding with rhubarb compote, pomegranate, whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon.

Local brew house IPA to wash it down

Music - disc 4, 'Left of the Dial' compilation. Really like this collection.

file-2.jpeg
file1-1.jpeg

dave

Bunch of mostly new experiments from the last little while using chicken, duck, shrimp & everyone's favourite - tofu.

IMG_E2234.JPG
IMG_E2246.JPG
IMG_E2256.JPG
IMG_E2281.JPG
IMG_E2304.JPG
IMG_E2319.JPG
IMG_E2363.JPG
IMG_E2166.JPG

dave

This batch, recent messing with, in no particular order... veal sausage, top round, blade steak, pork tenderloin, pizza play with some new variations...

IMG_E2182.JPG
IMG_E2180.JPG
IMG_E2207.JPG
IMG_E2264.JPG
IMG_E2409.JPG
IMG_E2420.JPG
IMG_E2395.JPG
IMG_E2397.JPG

dave

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Man, alive. There is some good stuff on this thread. Dave, your creations are as amazing as they always have been.

@simon1, that stew sounds like a good meal on a chilly, gray day. I might have to do something like that soon and throw in a sprig of rosemary and some thyme.

I saw my wife marinating a bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin in honey and apple butter. I saw black-eyed peas cooking with country ham and a pot of
pork.jpg
green beans with little Giles County Va potatoes.

Thanks Doak and Tom! Nice tenderloin @H4nk!

Today's take on a tenderloin, well, grilled yesterday for ramen today. Dumped into the ziplock with the pork, some soy sauce, minced freshgingergarlicscallions, sesame oil, sat for ~4 hours and then grilled on the kettle when doing yesterday's chicken thighs. This was the weekend winner, hard not to eat it all before getting around to doing the rest of the soup. The marinate also works great for grilled salmon, came from the Moosewood Cookbook.

Ramen loosely based on a recipe from Egg by Michael Ruhlman. Chicken broth, subbed daikon as it was cheap and the packaged radishes were unworthy...

file1-2.jpeg

file-3.jpeg

dave

This is becoming a regular... chunks of chorizo, chopped onion, celery & red peppers, minced garlic and ground cumin. The leftover tomato sauce, a jar of tomato chunks, 1/2c water, eggs for poaching, scallions, feta, avocado chunks at the table as an off-camera last addition... Toast and a garden salad dessert water coffee.

Shakshuka...
file1-3.jpeg
file-4.jpeg

dave

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Amazing, Dave.

Last night, we just pulled some chili out of the freezer for Frito Pie!

20181211_221016.jpg

And, after dinner, I threw together a very simple Finnish rye bread (just mix up and bake). It's very tasty, especially with marmalade.

20181212_162018.jpg

Very nicely done Doak, i've never had Frito Pie before. I can't even say for sure whether Fritos are still available up here, has been a while since i went looking.

Done now, dozen eggs gone but one. New Year's brunch is about the only time we have eggs before noon so this is dinner again. Wee cast iron pan (with olive oil) for the eggs, just the right size.

IMG_E2459.JPG
IMG_E2460.JPG

dave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Dave, you pushed me over the edge. I am going to try my hand at Shakshuka, although I will leave the cayenne on the side- the wife can't do much heat these days.

Top Bottom