What's new

What Flat Cap did you wear today?

Stetson silk

A35FF261-6630-41B8-8C19-FD6B63E8B8C6.jpeg

Borsalino Doria. It was a special occasion. My priciest cap. A black felt Kangol handles the yard work and driver’s sun shade duty. John Helmer is a Portland Oregon institution.

F7BFBA47-1BF5-4480-9F8B-C3C6FC4B7054.jpeg

D7F6A31B-9F15-46B2-8DB5-5587864F043F.jpeg

Nice lid @Tanuki!

I look every now and then in hopes of finding a good second hand Borsalino from the 50’s or so.
I have a post card from that period from one of the shops in Italy that sold them....I’ll try and find it and post it here for you.

Nice lid @Tanuki!

I look every now and then in hopes of finding a good second hand Borsalino from the 50’s or so.
I have a post card from that period from one of the shops in Italy that sold them....I’ll try and find it and post it here for you.

I hope you find one you love like I love mine. The sizes are so dialed in for that perfect look. None of that S/M, L/XL, OS jive. Borsalino knows their business is to make us look fine.

When I was younger I wore ball caps all the time but it got to a point where I just didn’t like the ballcap look anymore but every other style of hat I tried looked funny or odd on me...until I tried on a flat cap. I own 4 now, a brown one, a thick wool gray one, a thin gray one, and a black one. I’m not even sure of the name brands, I’ll have to go look but none are fancy, they have been picked up anywhere from a jc penny, to a Cracker Barrel, to a Harley dealership. I love the look and feel of them though and would love to add some better quality ones to my collection!

I just realized I have become the person I used to always warn myself about. There was an old addage when I was coming up.....”never get stuck in traffic behind an old man wearing a cap”.

Though I don’t typically hold up traffic, I’m him, or maybe almost anyway.

:a4::santa::sailor::sorcerer::red_indian::euro::cowboy::chinese::chef::batman::gun_bandana:

After feeling my fourth lightning strike, and although none of them were related to headgear worn at the time, I decided to get away from ball caps or anything with the metal buttons on top or metal clasps in back, and switched to drivers, paperboys, fedoras, berets, a recon wrap, engineer’s cap, or other, all sans metal.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
When I was younger I wore ball caps all the time but it got to a point where I just didn’t like the ballcap look anymore but every other style of hat I tried looked funny or odd on me...until I tried on a flat cap. I own 4 now, a brown one, a thick wool gray one, a thin gray one, and a black one. I’m not even sure of the name brands, I’ll have to go look but none are fancy, they have been picked up anywhere from a jc penny, to a Cracker Barrel, to a Harley dealership. I love the look and feel of them though and would love to add some better quality ones to my collection!

I avoided the flat cap for a long time. Maybe wanting to avoid being the stereotypical Yorkshireman :D Since I succumbed recently, I've actually had a few compliments about it. More than for the trilby, which surprised me. I haven't been tempted for more yet, but I think it will be inevitable in time ;)

I do still wear a baseball cap occasionally, but that's more of an around the house, or in the garden thing

As usual, my black Kangol Tropic 504. I love this cap. I've had it for over 10 years and it looks like new. I wear it year round and it goes with almost everything else I wear. I am considering getting a red one to wear during the holidays.

0287BC_BK001_MAIN.jpg

fla.jpg

Newsboy flat cap

I'm wearing my new Jay Gatsby flat cap today. I got this baby off Amazon, and cost me next to nothing. Getting a lot of compliments today.

Top Bottom