What's new

PIF - Yaqi Sagrada Familia Synthetic Brush

Free Shave Day:

Gear: RR Hawk v1 SE, Feather Pro blade (8; flipped each shave), Yaqi SF synth, Scheermonnik Delfts Wit soap, generic witch hazel, Lucky Tiger AS, and Paul Sebastian AS to finish!

Not much to cut off today after the El Jefe shave yesterday, but I will have my daily ritual! I especially wanted to give my new Yaqi SF brush it’s first outing.

Comparison between my normal synth (RR Big Bruce) and the Yaqi SF:

B6D97CA5-2F48-4F82-BCCF-F9E40F0161AA.jpeg
CCE4452E-5839-4F95-907A-D8D2C1E3CC8A.jpeg

As can can be seen, quite a big difference in loft and knot size. The BB is a 26mm and the Yaqi a 24mm I believe. This brush is have to rate as on par with my BB, they are both good, but in their own ways. The SF’s shorter loft gives it a bit more backbone than the BB but is not uncomfortable. I did what I judged to be a normal load (as I would with the BB) and came up with just enough for 3 passes or two with a lather soak, the latter what I chose to do today. The Yaqi did lose a couple of hairs but otherwise was nice and soft and very like my beloved BB, though with a little less flop and a little less splay. Lathered up my Delfts Wit like a charm. No lather flinging (I face lather) and just great face feel. I am really looking forward to using this brush more!

A75F73AF-2633-4304-A8AB-5C53C38F08F7.jpeg

Thank you @dezmil!

I just bought a Sagrada Familia as well as the Ferrari brush from Yaqi. Great brushes! My first experience with synthetics.

Top Bottom