What's new

Something Going On With WCS?

so, honest question here... is West Coast Shaving really based outta the East Coast?
I think they have a distribution center in Maryland which would make sense from a company stand point to keep shipping cost down on the east coast. By the way,always had great service from them

My order was picked up from the MD warehouse on Saturday morning by DHL. As of Tuesday morning, DHL has still not transferred the package to USPS in my area. WCS had my shipment ready to go in 48 hours, so I cannot blame them. Generally, I have found the USPS to be more reliable than the ground shipment services like DHL. I suspect they hold shipments until they have enough going to one area to make it worthwhile. I cannot fault WCS for selecting the lowest cost shipping option since they currently offer free shipping. I know that some vendors offer free shipping, but then offer a reduced price upgrade to Priority Mail if you want it. If offered, I generally select that option.

I placed an order last week Friday, and although label has been created, it doesn’t look to have shipped. I sent a message early yesterday and no response. Anyone having similar problems?
Hey there!
So sorry about that! Could you message me your order #, I want to look into that. Glad it came in! With all the holiday packages being shipped, we have been noticing tracking with packages as just nonexistent for some packages. It's very frustrating on our end.

I'm happy I got my package, but it was a little disheartening that I reached out twice and never received a response back. I know it's a busy time of the season and all. Just hope for a little personal touch when things go a little awry.
Hey there, We are really great at returning emails within a day. if you wouldn't, please message me your email address. I want to check and see why no one ever replied. Want to make sure we are receiving our customer's email, whether it's through our site or their own email. Want to be sure this isn't happening to emails coming in.

Hey there!
So sorry about that! Could you message me your order #, I want to look into that. Glad it came in! With all the holiday packages being shipped, we have been noticing tracking with packages as just nonexistent for some packages. It's very frustrating on our end.
That's what I'm seeing currently with another vendor as well, it was tracked so far and then no updates. I take it it's worse this time of the year for everyone.
I have to send some important documents I'm thinking I should send them overnight USPS.

so, honest question here... is West Coast Shaving really based outta the East Coast?
Great Question! We started in SoCal. We still have a small but mighty storefront here too. If you give us a call or shoot us an email, we answer from here. If you are ever in the area, please stop by--we would love to have you. We do have our warehouse in Maryland. As mentioned in the thread, it helps with cost and getting products quicker to other countries (especially overseas) and the US. It's a coast to coast thing really. Hope you have a great day!

Hey there!
So sorry about that! Could you message me your order #, I want to look into that. Glad it came in! With all the holiday packages being shipped, we have been noticing tracking with packages as just nonexistent for some packages. It's very frustrating on our end
Great Question! We started in SoCal. We still have a small but mighty storefront here too. If you give us a call or shoot us an email, we answer from here. If you are ever in the area, please stop by--we would love to have you. We do have our warehouse in Maryland. As mentioned in the thread, it helps with cost and getting products quicker to other countries (especially overseas) and the US. It's a coast to coast thing really. Hope you have a great day!

I’m less than an hour from your MD location, is that just a wharehouse or can we purchase on site also?

I think they have a distribution center in Maryland which would make sense from a company stand point to keep shipping cost down on the east coast. By the way,always had great service from them
Oddly enough, I live about 30 miles from their store front in Chino and my orders are still shipped from Maryland.

And they use some odd combination of DHL and USPS, so I think the ball gets dropped between those two in that DHL doesn't really offer tracking and the tracking isn't updated until it's handed off to USPS to make the final delivery. So no tracking until really about the day or the day before it arrives.

Been buying from WCS since company began operation. Probably in 2008 or 2007. Never had the slightest problem or complaint with service. Just ordered a few things this last Friday. Yesterday I received notice that order was fulfilled. This morning, I received USPS tracking number. It's not active yet, but I'm sure I'll have my products soon. Maybe someone can correct me, but wasn't WCS started by one of B&B's earliest members? I could be wrong, but Special K comes to mind. Anyways, great company. Great service.

Service was good for me !!
I ordered "Black Friday " and received my order yesterday !
BTW.... I live in Canada ( Ontario )...:a17:

False alarm on this one. Tracking information must have not been documented correctly. I received the products even though I was unable to track. Never seen that happen before, but I suppose these things can happen on the rare occasion.

On a brush I ordered a couple of weeks ago, the tracking number was correct (they said in a reply to my inquiry), but the link was not. However, when I copy and pasted the tracking number into USPS tracking, it still didn't work. However, the brush did arrive in timely fashion. Not sure why the tracking function didn't work.

Greg

I have always had inconsistency with my orders from them, that's why I much prefer Maggard. I had two orders in a row that I received the wrong products. Then like others, sometimes very fast shipping, sometimes over 10 days.

All the minor issues I had with my orders, were promptly solved by them; so, I’m going to keep buying there...

The WCS order I placed Wed 12/5 was packed Friday 12/7, picked up in MD by DHL Saturday 12/8 and delivered by my local USPS carrier Thursday 12/13. The DHL portion of the trip was took longer than I thought it should have and it was a little frustrating not being able to track the package while DHL had it. However, I really cannot complain about a 8 day overall turn-around on the order during the holiday shipping season.

It is my understanding that WCS will discontinuing their free shipping policy soon. I presume that means you will have options other than the DHL ecommerce shipping. However, you will have to pay for those options. Based on the comments here, it sounds like many folks have not been impressed with the DHL experience. I know Maggards offers free shipping above a certain order amount. They normally use UPS Surepost for this service. However, Maggards provides an option to upgrade to USPS Priority Mail for a few dollars. I have generally taken advantage of the upgrade. However, those on a tight budget may prefer the free shipping. At least with UPS Surepost, you can track the package through the UPS network, something that DHL does not appear to offer.

Like any company, things are not going to be perfect 100% of the time. I've always had good luck buying from WCS and I'm sure I'll buy from them in the future.

WCS has always done right by me. Never a problem.
Best of the bunch though has to be Superior Shave.
Fast, free, friendly.
And...surprisingly enough, Shaving.ie. They’re magical. Overseas shipping received in the US in usually about 5 days. Must be leprechauns.

Top Bottom