What's new

Anyone tried the Trac II carts from Dollar General? Dorco brand?

I see cheap Trac II refills at many discount stores. It seems like a good deal if it has 10 cartridges for like $2.

Has anyone tried these? I think it may be Dorco since they're made in S. Korea.

I have tried them and I like them. They do have a lube strip, but it’s not obnoxious. The shave is quite good and smooth to me and, in my opinion compares quite favorably to the Trac II blades that are far more expensive. I shave daily and have not had any problems with them clogging up. For the price, they can’t be beat.
I believe they are Dorco’s, but you will not find them on the Dorco web site.

I think I should try the Dorco ones.

I've also used the Personna carts that are storebranded but they would sometimes nick me in random spots. I think the quality control was a little shaky.

I've also seen options on eBay like the Supermax sII. It's hard to find 2-blade carts

I have tried them and I like them. They do have a lube strip, but it’s not obnoxious. The shave is quite good and smooth to me and, in my opinion compares quite favorably to the Trac II blades that are far more expensive. I shave daily and have not had any problems with them clogging up. For the price, they can’t be beat.

Dorco has their 2-blade cartridges on their site. Thing is, they're cheaper at DG than buying them from Dorco.
Pace Comfort Thin II Cartridges, 30 Refills
The site says they're Atra compatible, but it seems pretty unlikely that they'd make a Trac II/Atra cartridge for DG and an Atra-only one for their own sales. So you might as well keep buying at DG.
This same cartridge is available through Dollar Shave Club as their "Humble Twin". You get five for a buck plus $2 shipping through DSG. Still more than Dollar General.

I think the "Humble Twin" from DSC might have a really light handle.

It might be better to use Dorco carts on a heavy TracII handle

I have both the Dorco/DG comfort twin and and the Trac II computable carts. My only complaint about the Comfort Twin cartridge is that they seem to be harsh because to me they are much more noisey than the Trac II compatable carts. They do give a nice shave though.

I've been using the Dorco Comfort Thin for head shaves for several years, and they're great. I buy them once a year when I get a 50% off coupon code. I've never checked to see which other cartridges fit the handle, but yes, it's extremely light. No weight to it at all.

I do wish they made more twin blade cartridges.

All I've seen is either Trac II, Atra, or the Sensor. Everything esle is disposable.

I have heard good results about the Schick ST2. But its hard to justify throwing away all that plastic if I use disposables each day

I do wish they made more twin blade cartridges.

All I've seen is either Trac II, Atra, or the Sensor. Everything esle is disposable.

Well, the problem is that there aren't many companies making the cartridges. Gillette has the expensive US-market Trac II Plus and Atra Plus that they would prefer would disappear, and they have the India-market PII and Vector. Dorco and Personna sell cartridges into the US market and a couple of companies make them for the India market. Twin blade cartridges are dead in Europe. Wilkinson Sword / Schick / Edgewell stopped making them a few years ago and that was a loss to the market.

You can find the blades on the Pace site as the Pace Comfort Thin II - Dorco's twin blade. They work well for me, too.

I've been shopping at Lidl in the USA and they occasionally have a twin blade bargain blade. Five dollars for 25 blades, complete with handle. They are German made, probably sourced from Harry's. I've been using my Dorco handle, which is lighter than the Lidl supplied one.
It will probably fit on a standard Gillette Trac II handle, as well. I get a good shave, even with three days of stubble. My shaving cream is Williams' tallow soap, chopped up and melted down into a mug with EVOO, Vitamin E oil, and water.

I just picked up Dorco twin cartridges for my Trac II handle

I wish moremore compa made twin cartridges. I don't like the idea of having to resort to disposables. And the 4+ blades are hard to get under the nose

I've tried those Dollar General blades. They are the most obnoxious clogfest sh*tstorms I've ever used. Those blades would constantly nick my face every time I would use them because they were so dull they couldn't cut through melted Jell-o. Cleaning them is a pain in the as*. There is a pic somewheres on the net that shows the difference between these cheap knockoffs and real Gillette carts where there are holes built in to the Gillette carts to let water flow to clean the carts.

I cannot speak for Personnas but I know to stay away from the Dorco Monstrosities. I switched to a Schick Injector which is a cheaty proto-cartridge razor that also qualifies as shaving like a man. Get one!!!
proxy.php

I tried the Dorco twin cartridges, and yes they do clog. But I got 4 shaves out of them

They leave a couple red spots in my neck, but it gets fixed with a cold water rinse. I still need more time to try them out more I guess

I just tried the Dorcos, and they are not the best, but still better than Personnas, we dont have too many choices, Dorcos or Personnas, and if you want to spend more money buys Gillette, I wont too expensive

I've tried those Dollar General blades. They are the most obnoxious clogfest sh*tstorms I've ever used. Those blades would constantly nick my face every time I would use them because they were so dull they couldn't cut through melted Jell-o. Cleaning them is a pain in the as*. There is a pic somewheres on the net that shows the difference between these cheap knockoffs and real Gillette carts where there are holes built in to the Gillette carts to let water flow to clean the carts.

I cannot speak for Personnas but I know to stay away from the Dorco Monstrosities. I switched to a Schick Injector which is a cheaty proto-cartridge razor that also qualifies as shaving like a man. Get one!!!
proxy.php

what is that ? what kind or blades ?

I just got some of these Korean twins at Dollar General. Six for $1.65. I have a trip coming up and I thought I would take them along with my metal Atra handle. I'll try one out tomorrow and see how that goes. I recently got a Gillette Guard razor and some cartridges at WCS for the same purpose, since the Atra blades are too expensive and I had heard some good things about the Gillette Guard. Not to hijack thread, but the GG system is quite good and by design never clogs up. Very inexpensive and only one blade, but still handles like a cartridge since it is one. I prefer a double edge safety razor for every day use.

The photo is an injector razor. This video will explain what they are and how to use them. If you need more info, visit the Single Edge section of the Safety Razor topic here on the site.

Top Bottom