What's new

Omega 10019 boar - Another awesome winner from the Italians.

So I just got the Omega 10019 aka 10018 boar today for about $4 USD.

Another great brush from the Italians. Out of the box, it just feels so soft on the skin with great backbone to back. No breaking in required. Just washed it with dish detergent and used it. :D

On first use there was no shedding but on subsequent uses, it might. I don't know yet. As for lather holding and releasing that many others seem to have with boar brushes, no problem at all. It held enough for 2.5 or 3 passes. Bear in mind, I was using the crappy Vicco cream for the first time too. I believe it'll be a champ in my favourite Godrej and Omega creams. :D

The handle is the best of all my brushes. The others being 13522, 10810 and 10051. It's not curvy like the 13522 nor short like the 10051. Neither does it have those grooves like the 10810. It's just symmetrically perfect. Incidentally, it's also the same handle as my first shaving brush albeit in synthetic form.

Try a small Omega. You won't regret it. ;)

:c2: boars 4 life.

10018 boar.jpg

Another great brush from the Italians. Out of the box, it just feels so soft on the skin with great backbone to back. No breaking in required. Just washed it with dish detergent and used it. :D

On first use there was no shedding but on subsequent uses, it might. I don't know yet. As for lather holding and releasing that many others seem to have with boar brushes, no problem at all. It held enough for 2.5 or 3 passes. Bear in mind, I was using the crappy Vicco cream for the first time too. I believe it'll be a champ in my favourite Godrej and Omega creams. :D

The handle is the best of all my brushes. The others being 13522, 10810 and 10051. It's not curvy like the 13522 nor short like the 10051. Neither does it have those grooves like the 10810. It's just symmetrically perfect. Incidentally, it's also the same handle as my first shaving brush albeit in synthetic form.

View attachment 931316

CONGRATULATIONS!! :a14::a14:

Just used it for the second time but with godrej menthol.

As amazing as the first time. Pillow like softness with zero scritch. Handle comfort is equally amazing.

Unfortunately it lost 2 hairs.

Couldn't resist and bought it's little bro, the 10077 today. Together with adidas aftershave.

This one has a little more backbone and scritch. But it still felt soft and comfortable enough. It also dropped a few hairs but no big deal. Lathering was drama free; more than enough lather for 3 passes out of the box.

10077adidas.jpg

So I've bought 5 omega boar brushes in the last 4 months.

So there's got to come a time when a disciplined old soldier has the self discipline to say enough is enough.

I'm not going to buy anymore boar brushes for at least till Christmas 2019. Read again: 2019. Maybe even 2020.

Luckily each brush costs between $4 to $5 USD here.

Also the lack of black rings on the knot of the 10019 and 10077 means there's no need to deal with the inevitable cracks that will develop in time. ;)

View attachment 931316
Great brush at a great price ! a great little brush with a stiff backbone. Mine sees a lot of use when I use triple milled soaps which need to be subdued to get them to lather .
Mine hasn't shed any hair except the one odd due to use. It's only gripe on mine is the transparent lower part keeps coming off and has to be put back again !

Enjoy the brush !

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

I have that boar and i was surprised that it would hold lather for 4 passes since the 2nd shave. Try that with a Semogue! Semogue might have finer bristles and prettier handles, but Omega makes very functional brushes.

So I've bought 5 omega boar brushes in the last 4 months.

So there's got to come a time when a disciplined old soldier has the self discipline to say enough is enough.

I'm not going to buy anymore boar brushes for at least till Christmas 2019. Read again: 2019. Maybe even 2020.

Luckily each brush costs between $4 to $5 USD here.

Also the lack of black rings on the knot of the 10019 and 10077 means there's no need to deal with the inevitable cracks that will develop in time. ;)
Which one is the champion?

Top Bottom