What's new

Carry Belts

The recent thread on range belts was great. On to carry belts.

My issue was that I've lost weight and gone down two inches in pants size. So: all my IWB pants are going to Goodwill, all my regular/OWB pants are now IWB pants, and I'm building up an inventory of regular/OWB carry pants.

My IWB belts (Magpul Tejas) still work, but for OWB carry I needed a new one. (I have a tactical belt that fits, but wanted something that didn't scream "He's got a gun!")

So I got this: Midway Concealed Carry Leather Belt.

Very nice belt--seems to be well made, nicely finished, two layers of leather for stiffness. Nice edge finish.

I'm now 32" pants size, but 34" is as small as they go. The 34" turns out to be just right (use the middle hole) for me, so I assume they run small. I'd add 2" generally and 2" more for IWB.

These are not always in stock--mine happened to be, and on sale to boot. You may have to do the "notify me" thing. The regular price is $50, which I think is a good price; on sale they're a steal.

What do youse guys like? I've had good luck with the Magpul belts, but they're insanely stiff and cost $90. I also like the Hank's belts I've worn.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I have an 1 1/2" Black bullhide Beltman to wear with dress pants. It is very well made and came with both a square and a round chrome buckle. The stamp says it was made in North Carolina so it's one of the original ones.

Bullhide CCW Gun Belts for Concealed and Open Carry by Beltman

I also have a brown, stamped 1 3/4" good thick one that I don't remember where I got it from. It has JLC stamped in it and the date 1996 is written in ink. I wear that one with jeans and when I carry a heavier gun.

DSC_0001 (2).JPG

DSC_0004 (2).JPG

What do youse guys like?

Honestly, I don't like any of them.

Congrats on the weight loss. I got mine from Alien Gear, which I think is really a Bigfoot belt. It has the thin steel band built into it and is unnecessarily stiff, and the too few belt holes are spaced very close together. It might be a good CC belt, but it fails miserably in the "hold your pants up" department. You tend to get this nonsense right off the bat when you order the belt from all manufacturers, where they tell you to NOT order your pants size, or add whatever factor to compensate for whatever pistol you're carrying. I realize that carrying is a somewhat new wardrobe issue to be dealing with, but there's gotta be a better way.

I'm working on going back to using a normal, hold-yer-pants-up belt with enough adjustment range to compensate for the holster I'm using. The solution for me seems to be in utilizing any of the variations of the Ulti Clip. These things will grab on to either your belt or pants and they will HOLD... no doubt about it. Then all you have to do is get a good quality belt without all the CC hullabaloo built into it.

Don

Zach's gun belts.
Andrews Leather.
All the belt(s) you will need for range, CCW, or everyday looking cool wear. Impossible to wear out. Good old fashioned construction. No “stiffeners” or other gimmicks.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Got the leather man at the flea market to make me one a week ago. He cuts them out of hides.

I watched him make it. Fit to order, holes punched to order. It's not Chinese.

$15.

AA

Full grain 1.5" leather belt with a roller buckle from Relentless Tactical. It's a great product that does a really nice job of keeping an all steel Commander length 1911 nice and snug.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The Midway belt on sale is a bargain, but they do run at least 2 in. small. I would have got one a couple of inches larger, but it wasn't available, so I'll have to lose weight to carry IWB with it, which I need to do in any event.

I've got really nice leather gun belts from Milt Sparks and John Buhlman that I wear with dress pants and jeans. My favorite gun belts though are Wilderness Tactical, same folks who make the Safepacker Holster. I wear a 1.5 inch black Travelers belt most of the time or a 1.25 inch same Khaki belt, both five stitch models. Easy to adjust and they carry the holsters and pistols with ease and comfort. Very highly recommended.

I never ever tuck my shirt in (Sunday dress being the exception) so I don't care what my belt looks like. For me the best belt is the nylon belt. My current one is from Wilderness Tactical. it's held up over the years and still works great

I have both a Beltman and Bigfoot. Both in 1.5in. They hold up my pants and my gun. I also where Perry Suspenders. Getting old and out of shape so I need all the help I can get.

Have dealt with a local maker her in Houston, it’s called “ A Better Belt USA” and the owner Mike is a great guy, it’s a one man shop he runs from a barn in his back yard, top quality and solid gun belt, the ones I have are called ready for retail and they are $55

Top Bottom