What's new

Nose Hair Trimmer

I use this one. Quick and clean.
I have this too and like it. I also still have a 3 blade cartridge razor that I only use for nose/ear. There’s a straight edge on the back of the cartridge and I can shave inside of nose and inside of earlobes with it. The Groom Mate works great too.

Ouch. That post makes my eyes water. I did that many years ago, but at my age I need to trim those rascals about twice a week. When you get to a certain age, the hair on your head stops growing and the eyebrows, nose and ear hair grow like weeds.

yeah, my eyes water and I get a case of sneezing too. I'm starting to notice the hair on my ears now too lol.

Here's another option that I haven't seen mentioned:

That looks painful!

I use any two-blade cartridge razor. Here's an example. I find it works better than any nose-hair trimmer. Just insert one side of the razor and run it around the nostril -- first clockwise and then counter-clockwise. Usually run it once near the opening and again deeper. Painless as long as I'm careful not to cut myself and it clears everything away for a good long time.

I just use a pair of round tip scissors to take care of the long nose hairs once in a while.

I thought it wasn’t recommended to pull nose hairs since it risks infection. I’m probably wrong but I thought I read something along those lines.

I just use a pair of round tip scissors to take care of the long nose hairs once in a while.

I thought it wasn’t recommended to pull nose hairs since it risks infection. I’m probably wrong but I thought I read something along those lines.

I've heard that, but personally think shaving is more of a risk. I thought it wasn’t recommended to pull nose hairs since it risks pain. :) They also recommend cutting nails (finger/toe) straight across to reduce chance of ingrown. I have never seen nails on anyone cut straight across :)

I have always used tweezers but just recently got a wax kit. I just haven't gotten around to use it for my ears and nose. I am scared.

I have a nose hair trimmer. But, aside from a few times after the initial purchase it's sat in the drawer unused. I'd rather use tweezers or small scissors. I forget the brand of the one I have. If I remember when I get home, will post up.

Guess I'm the only Atra guy. I still think Gillette was brilliant in designing the world's best nose hair trimmer. :001_302:

What I don't like about using the trimmers is that when I squeeze my nose, the freshly cut hairs hurt my skin. It feels really weird, so I always go with tweezers like every 4 months or so.

I absolutely hated this also but I switched to the groommate XL about 10 years ago and haven't had this problem at all.

I love my groommate so much, I bought a second one dedicated for the travel kit.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I have a Philips nose hair trimmer that I picked up at Walmart for like $12 cad that works well, runs on one AA battery.

I use a Norenco Philips shaver combo. The model is called Multigroom.

It has a guided cage for the sideburn and nose/ear hair attachment, build in battery and works very well.

I have a nose hair trimmer. But, aside from a few times after the initial purchase it's sat in the drawer unused. I'd rather use tweezers or small scissors. I forget the brand of the one I have. If I remember when I get home, will post up.

I had to dig in my bathroom drawer for what I have. It's the Groom Mate Platinum XL. It works. But, not really a fan of it. I find that tweezers and small scissors works best for me.

Top Bottom