What's new

Which injector razors can insert a B-20 directly without using an injector?

As title. Which injectors, old or new, can load an individual blade without having to inject it in? I know this is contrary to the whole design of an injector, but Proline B-20 blades come in packets without the injector mechanism. It would be good to insert them directly without having to pre-load them in an injector body, just like you load an AC P-30 Proline.

Could be any age, from the first Schicks to the most recent artisan razors. A list would be good, even if it's short.

Since you said specific injector razors I'll exclude those which don't inject..so with that caveat the opening version of the Schick E2, the E1, and the Supply Injector come to mind. And of course the Schick Proline for which the blades were designed.
As title. Which injectors, old or new, can load an individual blade without having to inject it in? I know this is contrary to the whole design of an injector, but Proline B-20 blades come in packets without the injector mechanism. It would be good to insert them directly without having to pre-load them in an injector body, just like you load an AC P-30 Proline.

Could be any age, from the first Schicks to the most recent artisan razors. A list would be good, even if it's short.

Since you said specific injector razors I'll exclude those which don't inject..

No - I mean ANY SE razors that can take a Proline B-20 directly. That's the point - they don't have to use an injector.

I don't, however, mean shavettes. I mean razors using the conventional SE "injector" shape like PAL, Schick, Supply etc.

I'm assuming that B-20 blades come in a non-injector package. However, I did see this on Rakuten which looks like a proper injector package:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/berryscosme/item/schickprolineb20/

The B-20s are cheaper in the non-injector package.

Last edited:
I'm assuming that B-20 blades come in a non-injector package. However, I did see this on Rakuten which looks like a proper injector package:

Actually, that looks like the key is oriented the wrong way. It looks like it is parallel to the blades, where a proper injector magazine would have the key perpendicular to the blades. It might be for injecting into a hair-shaper or something similar.

Since you said specific injector razors I'll exclude those which don't inject..so with that caveat the opening version of the Schick E2, the E1, and the Supply Injector come to mind. And of course the Schick Proline for which the blades were designed.

Also the Schick Type D.

Actually, that looks like the key is oriented the wrong way. It looks like it is parallel to the blades, where a proper injector magazine would have the key perpendicular to the blades. It might be for injecting into a hair-shaper or something similar.

Doesn't look like a key at all, in fact it looks like a standard B20 package with a half ejected blade sticking out of it. Look carefully and you can see the holes in the blade that is being confused with a key. Also, a Mongoose Mingoose would be up your alley as it takes Injector blades without a key and would take the B20 no problems.

Doesn't look like a key at all, in fact it looks like a standard B20 package with a half ejected blade sticking out of it. Look carefully and you can see the holes in the blade that is being confused with a key. Also, a Mongoose Mingoose would be up your alley as it takes Injector blades without a key and would take the B20 no problems.

Yeah - doesn't look like a key. I think we'd know by now if it were.

A Minigoose is exactly what I'm talking about, but like the Schick D it's rare and rather expensive. Injectors are generally pretty cheap razors so an economical option would be good.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
You can eject a B-20 blade and place it in manually into the Schick E2 , I have 3 E2 razors that are modified to clean and take manually or injected blades. The rough gold textured E2 injector is designed to swing over to left the spring out of the way for cleaning and placing blades manually.
e2 head (2).jpg

Schick swivel1.jpg

E2 models are easy to buy on line or local antique stores and reasonably priced IMO.
Schick makes the injector hydromatic I model with the front lever to help in cleaning and manually placing blades. Some one already mentioned the Supply provision 3 different level adjustable injector.

Ron R

If it looks like the one above it will turn. Some Schick folks do not like to see folks straighten the little keeper tab(it's a pain to do), but you are the owner and it's your call. To clean that razor up like new, I use this stove top cleaner by Weiman USA with a old worn tooth brush, great for cleaning brass razors like yours(use nitrile gloves,very hard on skin). Some of the razors I got had rusted blades in them and they had to be cleaned properly for me to use that meant opening up the key receiver like in the picture above.
razor cleaner.jpg

Schick swivel 2.jpg

No - I mean ANY SE razors that can take a Proline B-20 directly. That's the point - they don't have to use an injector.

I don't, however, mean shavettes. I mean razors using the conventional SE "injector" shape like PAL, Schick, Supply etc.

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/berryscosme/item/schickprolineb20/

The B-20s are cheaper in the non-injector package.

I wish to help you if you are unaware of the distinction between artist club razors from injectors. I dunno if you know or not, blades in the form of injector blades also have a longer cousin known as 'Artist Club' blades. I'm only familiar about them in the sense that Feather AC blades are one type of this blade and a razor that uses them would be a Cobra Artist Club razor, or any shavette that accepts artist club blades. There are proper razors that are made that use these longer blades.

I know the difference between AC and injectors - I have both a ATT SE1 and an Injectomatic.

I've never handled a Hydromagic but it does seem a candidate. Not too expensive to play around with.

Just out of curiosity, Can you insert some tool like a small flat head screwdriver inside key slot and the insert the B-20 proline blade to the razor.

Ron R

Just out of curiosity, Can you insert some tool like a small flat head screwdriver inside key slot and the insert the B-20 proline blade to the razor.
I have done that, it is easy to take a old injector key and insert it and with your thump applying downward pressure at the other end of the safety bar then you can insert a new or used blade with reasonable ease. A little tricky because your finger is close to the blade edge. Once the blade has started it seems to slide easy toward the injector key side IMO.

Not a Schick or a Pal.
The Supply V2 can take blades without using a key.

Part of the head comes off and you can carefully insert a new blade by hand.

supply2.jpg
supply1.jpg

Top Bottom