What's new

Your current TOP 5 DE's?

Fatip Grande Mk1
Fatip Testina Gentile
Lutz Slant
RR Hawk
Merkur 37c pre2015 - soon to be replaced with an alu ATT SE1, or Fatip slant(when its released)

54 Super Speed Z3
ATT S2 Atlas
Timeless Bronze
Fatboy
Gillette Old Type OC

Hmmmm ...... I’ve seen others including SEs in their top 5 DE list. If I’m allowed to do that, my list my list would be:

‘54 Super Speed Z3
ATT S2 Atlas
Schick Injector Type G
Blackland Sabre head on Maggard MR5 handle
Gillette Old Type OC

Time for another top 5 thread!
For me currently it's (no particular order):

-Rex Ambassador (passaround tour usage & one on order)
-Rockwell 6s/c
-Karve
-Parker Variant
-Slim Adjustable

What are current top 5 favorites in your den?

As of now 2 months later my choices are still the same. But it does seem I really need the RR Game Changer in my den!

As of now 2 months later my choices are still the same. But it does seem I really need the RR Game Changer in my den!
Yup. Just had my first shave with the Game Changer. I didn't think there was any way it could beat out the 6S, but I have to admit it's going to be very close, pun intended.

1) Merkur 23c - No matter what razors I'm trying currently I seem to gravitate back to that one. It was my 1st and will always be my go-to.
2) Gillette Blue Tip - Just a great mild razor for days when I haven't the time to be careful. Throw some canned goo on my face and a good sharp blade (GSB is a favorite) and get it done.
3) Gillette Red Tip - Still a favorite. I use this on the weekend after I haven't shaved in a day or two. A little unforgiving if you're new to shaving with a safety razor, but it will teach you better technique.
4) Gillette Fat Boy adjustable - It's kinda like my top 3 rolled into one.
5) There is no number 5 (not yet anyway) I have a bunch of new (to me) razors to try out in the upcoming weeks. (Karve w/D plate, Merkur Futur, Gillette Black Handle SS, Gillette Slim Adjustable)

It's a good time to be me and a bad time to be my stubble :)

.68 gap or .84?
.68 gap. Unlike many who post here, I favor smaller gaps, the 6S on 3, the Slim on 2, though of course those are very different designs. This is more like the Gillette Tech, which I also like. We'll see how this is after a full week of shaves.

From oldest to newest:
Gillette Ball End Old Type (1920s)
Gillette Canadian Goodwill #164 (1931)
Gillette C4 Flare Tip Superspeed (1957 and birth quarter)
Gillette E4 Fatboy (1959)
ATT Atlas M1 (current model)

Limiting to 5, the C4 Superspeed will have to drop off in favor of my new Timeless Titanium 0.68 SB. The titanium really has a completely different face feel.

Mine is a difficult list, because like many of us my likes change from day to day. In no particular order, my top 5 are:

Timeless 95
46/47 Aristocrat
Aristocrat Jr
Belmont New Deluxe
Progress/Mergress

There are a few more right on the fringes, but honestly any one of these would do me fine if I had nothing else the rest of my days.

Top Bottom