What's new

Acqua Velva Musk?

Mister Bonney! You can just stay after school and clean the blackboards, young man.

That is the sort of joke which would leave a six year old in a state of permanent giggles.

What can I say - I'm just a kid at heart!

Wrapped up in a cranky old bald body, but, my heart is young.

I tried it, and the Jovan Musk, some years ago. Didn't care for either one . . . which is odd, as I think there are two kinds of female perfumes. Musk, and everything else.

I like it well enough, but have not used it very much over the past couple of years.

Going slightly off topic, I wonder why I see bigger bottles of AV blue (7 oz) paired with smaller bottles of AV musk (3.5 oz) on the shelves of my local grocery store and wally world. Do men splash on twice as much of the Ice Blue as they do the Musk? Or is the blue used twice as often? I might think the blue is more neutral smelling but I still don't understand the stocking of the different sized bottles.

I like it well enough, but have not used it very much over the past couple of years.

Going slightly off topic, I wonder why I see bigger bottles of AV blue (7 oz) paired with smaller bottles of AV musk (3.5 oz) on the shelves of my local grocery store and wally world. Do men splash on twice as much of the Ice Blue as they do the Musk? Or is the blue used twice as often? I might think the blue is more neutral smelling but I still don't understand the stocking of the different sized bottles.

Ice Blue comes in both 3.5 and 7oz sizes, the ice sport and musk come only in 3.5. I assume the stores found the larger size of ice blue a better seller and don't carry the small ones. But they don't have that option for the other scents.

About a year or so ago I seen it on the shelf at the grocery store and somehow it jumped off the shelf and into the cart. Didn't notice it had done that until I was in the checkout line and said what the hey and it came home with me. It still seems to smell the same from what I remember when it came out in the 80's and I think I must have bathed in it because I know I went through a lot of the stuff. I still enjoy the scent. Remind me of my younger days when I apply it.

Whatever I splash on l get the whiff then forgotten. Just bought some AV Musk and splashed it on, wife came into the bathroom and said “What is that? I like it”.
All I need to know...

My wife claims she doesn't like musky scents, but has complimented me on AV Musk.
I think it's just the right amount on the sweet side.

My son, aged 15, likes to "borrow" my AV Musk, and also my vintage Old Spice, of which fortunately I have an ample supply. Both certainly beat the Lynx (Axe) deodorant some of his friends apply with abandon.

I looked at CVS and Rite Aid for a musk deodorant stick, without success.

One of my favorite deodorants when I was a teenager was Old Spice Musk. Or maybe it was English Leather Musk. Or both. It would definitely be a nostalgic scent for me if I was to track one down. I also used Old Spice "Classic Sport" which only existed for a short time in the 80's. I remember the product itself was almost a neon blue color lol.

Top Bottom